Rob Lowe

ABC Eyeing Him to Replace Reeg

On 'Live' With Kelly Ripa

1/6/2012 11:26 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rob Lowe could be Regis Philbin's replacement ... if ABC has its way.

Lowe just finished a two-day stint, guest hosting with Kelly Ripa and an ABC source says the honchos "loved the chemistry between them." We're told network execs have spoken with Lowe's reps about making it a permanent gig, but Lowe -- who already has a job on "Parks and Recreation" -- is non-committal.

But we just shot Rob leaving NYC at JFK airport. Our camera guy asked him, "Do you think you could live in New York?"

Rob replied: "We were just talking about that. I love New York. I love the energy. It would be a change of pace. I'm a California boy, but it could be fun."

0906_remembering_regis_footer

BB in CA

TMZ: Is w a t c h a dirty word? Why do you continue to block it out? watch, watched, watching :)

BB in CA

Omg I got it thru. What about #43. "Who wouldn'*****ch? This would be a dream come true!" Posted by carina. Did she sneak in a dirty word? Haha

Lyndi

I would DEFINITELY watch daily if Rob was co-host. I watched yesterday and giggled almost the whole time they were talking back and forth! I was so excited to see him back today, and since my husband was off work, asked him to watch with me so he could see how great their rapor is. I was a little sad knowing he is a California guy, so of course never dreamed he might become permanent. I really hope this works out and he accepts this offer, but not holding my breath either!

KnuckleDragger

No, watch isn't a dirty word. It's in the filter algorithm of how TMZ tries to catch dirty words, semantics. What the filter does is ignore the spacing between words. When you type won'T...and then you type WATch...you can see what the filter "thinks" you're typing. No one at TMZ has the slightest idea how to fix that.

Kari

Rob looks much thinner, older in this picture.

sickofkelly

I watched Regis for many years and now can't stand watching Kelly. She is constantly looking at herself in the monitors, talks about herself so much it is nauseating, and thinks she is a comedian (clearly NOT!). She looks so disgustingly thin now and is waaay too obsessed with her weight (or lack thereof)- she needs to eat a freakin' cheeseburger STAT!
That show will be cancelled in no time - she's brought down the ship!

Alice

I think Rob did a great job hosting and after having read his book I have a new found respect for him....on the other hand they need someone that Kelly won't fawn over to the point of embarrassment. She needs to pull way back in her "socially niceness" department, stop it with the tanning booth and for all the gods sake EAT!!!

Mary

I stopped watching years ago, Kelly is so full of herself, all she talks about is her family, its getting old. Cancel the show.

karlew

I saw him this morning on Live. WTF has he done to his face? He's got that old ladyish Bruce Jenner thing happening. Used to be good looking now a little scary

sweetbaby

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ROB!!!!! You would be a PERFECT FIT for the AM show. We love to see a hot handsome man in the morning...Now if you really want success hire ROB and get rid of RIP-A
I heard that Kelly wanted her no talent husband, Mark to be her sidekick.....What a FAIL. All she cared about was doubling her salary and making us more nauseated.
Gelman....Please get rid of her and her blonde idiotic ideas.
Kelly is sooooo annoying I stopped watching...I will miss Regis but she can't carry the show. All she has to offer is her experience as a wanna be soap star. She really makes me sick! I used to like her in the very beginning when she was sweet and humble but now she is so annoying and talks way to much about what she has and what an exciting life she has now that money is not a worry. Majority of America does not want to hear about her "privileges" Rob is a wonderful humble man with handsome sons and a very lovely wife....Cheryl.....I wish she could co-host with him!
Go Rob Lowe!!!!!!!!!!

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Why is Regis looking healthier than Lowe? Rob Lowe is looking a bit cracked out like Charlie Sheen in the pix. Compare the two.

THE BEAVER

Great idea!! Women will tune in to the show just to look at him. LOL

I vote for Mel Gibson
Mel can be very funny and has a great sense of humor. Mel is also a good speaker, so why not?

Steven

What a Stick in the mud!

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

If CBS wanted to replace Regis with a funny guy. Robin Williams would have shot first straight to my mind.

Fabienne

I saw it today as well and I can't put my finger on it but Rob L. has been the best co-host so far. It's like he has some sort of laid back sophistication that balanced out her self obsession or something. I don't enjoy when her husband is on as they get too competitive for camera and when it's an excersise regimin, so competive. Yuck. Nick Lache reminded me too much of the husband sticking his chest out like a pea****. So if Rob would be able to deal with her I would love him to do it. Just think she would exhaust him with childishness. Nothing to do with him from L.A. and her from the east. She just seems more like Jersey Shore. Does any one agree?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments