Beyonce & Jay-Z

It's a Girl!!

Blue Ivy Is On the Scene

1/7/2012 11:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0108_beyonce_jayz_getty_bn
Beyonce finally popped, giving birth to a baby girl named Blue Ivy Carter in New York City on Saturday

Proud dad Jay-Z, real name Shawn Carter, was at the hospital where Beyonce reportedly birthed Ivy by c-section -- and shortly after her arrival ... J & B's famous friends started sending out birth announcements on the Internet.

Rihanna tweeted, "Welcome to the world princess Carter! Love Aunty Rih"

Hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons also took to Twitter, saying ... "congrats to my good friends Beyonce and Jay-Z."

Beyonce famously announced her pregnancy on stage at the MTV Video Music Awards back in August.

update_bar
While initial reports had the baby name as Ivy Blue, now word is the name is actually Blue Ivy.

riskosgirl

Congrats to Queen B and Jay for their baby girl Blue Ivy Carter<3but like for reals what's up with naming a baby girl Blue...once again celebs naming their babies with ackward names but hopefully the baby looks like Beyonce.

Diana

congratulation b&z.

I think the name Blue Ivy is beautiful.

corrine

I thought beyonce was a reasonable young lady with style and grace...she just ruined it...

yadoggy

How To Pull AVALANCHES Of Subscribers Every Day Of The Week... http://www.jvzoo.com/c/1482/563

Rob

Did Jay z name the baby after Bule Cantrell his old girlfriend? But I want I think is funny on the 5th they got a picture of Bey but NO stomach but she gives birth on the 7th what a joke I wont be buying any of her music any more for real damn fraud!! Blue, Jay must be missing his old girlfriend who could sing better than Bey anyway hands down!!

Rob

So, did Jay Z name the baby after his old girl friend Blue Cantrell? But how are you photographed on the 5h of January with NO stomach and on the 7th you give birth? And I bet she going to be at the grammys with a flat stomach jumping and swinging that tired ass waved of hers, I think the wave gave birth!!

Cindy Mullenax

Congradulations to the new parents!!! Even though sometimes things look suspect with these pregnancy rumors, I am happy for them and the safety and health of the baby. What gets me though is everyone is acting like the messiah was born!!! Also it's not nice saying the baby is going to be ugly, shame on you!!!

LLFAN

I dont know how I would feel about having my name be Blue but Blue Ivy does sound pretty.

Kevin

Should have named the kid "stink nugget"

brent

i would do the same thing if i could. i know exactly what she feels like. when the man you love and spent so much time with had dirty rotten sex with dirty rotten whores all over the place, possibly in your own home, you are going to get paranoid about what people do. i don't like used furniture, clothes, etc. if i could, i would build a brand new house so i knew it was clean - that nothing disgusting had gone on where i am trying to live. some people wouldn't want to live where murders were committed, others don't want to live where orgies happened. simple! leave her alone.

brent

wow! good job TMZ! that's not the article i clicked on! but i have something to say about this, too! get out your checkbooks for all of the parents that were inconvencienced. simple!

Elisa.original

I wish people would mind their own business.. always worry n about some1 else get a life and worry about yourself who cares if she had the baby or used a seragant or what eva the baby is here and im sure Beyonce and Jay-Z will raise the baby well thats all that matter so why dont everyone who have stupid comments keep them to your self that whats wrong with the world today people are misserable with there own life get it together mind ya business and get ya life right then holla.. until then shut the f*** up......!!!!!!!!!!

Elisa.original

Sherms

Why the c-section??? Also have heard so many different stories...si it Blue Ivy or Ivy Blue?

Damali

I don't like the name. If my first name was Blue, that would depress me. Like how are you feeling today? "Blue" Lol.
Sidebar: Is Blue their favorite color. Or maybe they are trying to copy Blu Cantrell the singer. Hm...Or maybe they think that would be a great stage name. I would have preffered Ivy Be the first name.