Beyonce and Jay-Z

Increased Security Allegedly

Kept Man from His Newborns

1/8/2012 4:43 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0108_beyonce_jayz_getty_bn
A Brooklyn man claims increased security at Lenox Hill hospital -- because of the presence of Beyonce and Jay-Z -- kept him from seeing his prematurely born twins ... this according to a report.

Neil Coulon tells the NY Daily News he has been repeatedly kept out of the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) by the couple's security. He also claims his relatives were booted out of the waiting room by bodyguards wearing headsets.

He tells the paper, "Three times they stopped me from entering or exiting the NICU and it happened once on Friday -- just because they wanted to use the hallway."

A rep for the hospital told the NYDN she hadn't personally heard of any complaints. We reached out for comment as well ... haven't heard back.

Todd

Everything the private security is doing, is with the hospital's permission. This was planned out in advance. I doubt the private security would act like this without permission. It does not make it right, the hospital owes this man an apology, not JAYZ, or BEYONCE. Honestly as long as he is not taking video, or pics. He has a right to be there.

Jay W.

Are these two really that f..king arrogant?

Bird

Yes, because Jay-z and Beyonce's baby is more important than anyone else's. Beyonce can sing, and Jay-z can rap, so everyone else in the world should put their own babies on hold to cater to their them. Pfft. F_ck both of them. No one was trying to see her having her baby, and I'm sure regular hospital security could have handled any paps that might have tried to get in. What a selfish couple.

DivaM31

Seriously????? Wow!! what a bunch of ********... Money is the root of all evil!!! Fake-yonce and J-camel are Losers!!! I feel bad for all affected in this Hoop-la!! You guys are a HOT ASS MESS!!!

Bob

What do you expect from two thoughtless, self-absorbed narcissists.

And what makes this truly pathetic is they want to insure nobody takes a picture because that will devalue the price when they pimp themselves to People or Us Weekly.

Couple of classless turds.

Kari

If this is true, then it is disgusting. They are celebrities--so what? They need to conform to everyone's needs in a situation like this. They and their baby are no more important than the other patients/babies/families in the hospital.

jmuirbrook

Funny when I had my babies, there were doors you couldn't get past without a security bracelet. Is that not good enough for these people? I smell a lawsuit

MPala

Selfish...you're not even that special. If you wanted to be alone, you should've hired a mid-wife and stayed home. Let's see how you feel when someone tries to keep you away from your child. As for the hospital, they should be ashamed for letting security take control. Head of the hospital should lose his job, only cause this was pre-planned and he knew everything that would happen and didnt care because of the recognition the hospital would get. Not what a hospital should be about.

jonrube

So...none of this is confirmed...Some guy alleges something...and it's true? I know this is the internet...But everything isn't true that is posted on the internet. Perhaps if the report was confirmed...there was actually proof this happened...Then I could understand people jumping on the hate train...Seriously? come on people

Sincerity

******************CORRECTED POST*********************

Sincerity: less than a minute ago
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's a very "GOOD" question!!! There's always an administrator "ON CALL" who can be contacted regarding such issues. Mr. Coulon probably realized he could make "MONEY" running to the press instead of filing a complaint "ON THE SPOT" with the hospital. I wonder if OTHER VISITORS had similar problems or did Mr. Coulon "EXAGGERATE" his???

Kim

Well unfortunately when you have greedy, money hungry, rude people in this world, who would do anything to get a picture of their kid, or even disturbed fans who would try to harm or kidnapp their child, they have to take precautions, but it should be worked out so that they dont interfere with the rights of others, especially other new parents who are just as excited about their new borns.

nancy

I think everyone is really on the money with this one. First lets establish that Beyonce and Jay-Z just wanted the added hype. I think they just wanted to top Mariah and Nick because Nick played Mariah's song in the background when the babies came out. Jay-Z always want top somebody and I guess he want to act like they are royal or something, so why not rent out the whole top floor with security and stop everyone else from coming on the floor to see their kids. If they really wanted privacy they would have had the baby in a private location where nobody knew of them but we kinew that wouldn't happen, especially since Beyonce and Jay_-Z are the Queen and King of Attention seekers

KicksandGiggles

I wouldn't be able to see my newborns til I posted bail anyway - her bodyguards would have earned their bucks keeping me from my kids & God help the hospital people who approved this crap.

Shaun

This is the problem with America....

Mel

I don't even know how them taking up a whole wing, basically putting other patients in potential turmoil, is legal.