'Storage Wars' Star

I Need BIG MONEY

... or I'm Off the Show!!

1/9/2012 4:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0109_storage_wars_video_ex
"Storage Wars" star Dave Hester -- the "YUUUP" guy -- tells TMZ he's ready and willing to walk away from the biggest A&E reality show ever ... if the network doesn't up their "unjust" contract offer.

Hester was out in L.A. this weekend ... sporting a hat with his signature catchphrase on it ... when he told our photog he hasn't locked up a deal to return to the show next season.

The reality star explained, "Right now I'm in negotiations with A&E and I would just hope they would get away from their unjust contract negotiations ... the ball is really in their court."

He adds, "I don't know what their plans are ... but I would like to be on the show. Maybe 'Storage Wars' without Dave Hester??"

And to make matters worse ... Hester says he wasn't even invited to A&E's Christmas party.

A rep for A&E had no comment.

boomboom1552

GOODBYE DAVE AND GOOD RIDDANCE YUUUUUP LIKE YOU WILL MAKE AS MUCH MONEY WITH YOUR THRIFT STORE YUUUUUUUP!!!!!!

jb

the show will be nothing without him.. dont tell him to "go" there will be no more storage wars.. or just kick them all off and give barry the show

Neil Massenzo

Would like to say,my wife and i have been to Daves store in costa mesa and it use to be good,but since the show he has boosted his prices to where he doesn't give any deals plus he is a real a--hole in person!! Please get rid of him you will get better rating's we love the other bidders!!! espicially Barry!!

NewJerseyNurse

If the Jersey Shore cast (yes, i'm from Jersey and they do NOT represent us well...) can pull over 1 million dollars per episode then why the hell is A&E tryna give Storage Wars cast such a small amount? Its insulting...

Tye Roy

Dave is an idiot! Big fan of the show and I really don't care if he comes back. Dave shows his true ignorance by the phrase he puts on his clothes, trucks, etc. He says yep when he is bidding. Listen close, it isn't yuuup. Is he that slow? The mogul? I have been buying, trading, and selling for years. The prices he throws out after buying a unit are ridiculous and driven solely by his gigantic ego! Must be compensating for something else in his life! Go away Dave, we will not miss you....

cheryl hartgraves

Hester is the best of the bunch. he gives the show tension love him or hate him

Bob W.

We can only hope this guy goes far away for good. People likely detest him so much that they turn off the show. Their ratings will go up if they don't keep him!!

Spitfire

Who cares! Let him go. I don't enjoy watching this arrogant ass anyhow. He has the personality of a maggot. Barry is the real star of the show!

TB

DAVE, you pompous big A$$ bonehead. Leave the show, nobody will really give a rats a$$. A&E don't give him one more damn penny. Run for Mayor or something Dave because they're all full of sh** too. You'll fit right in to that lifestyle.

Danny

Get that idiot off he show!!!

waffles

I love Storage Wars but Dave is the worst part of the show. I hope they dump him. But he'd still probably turn up at the same auctions the other guys go to. He has a business to run. He'd still be an aggravating presence.

Dena K

That would be awesome. The show would be way better without this greedy ego manic on it. I vote A & E gives Hester the boot! YUUUUUUP!!!

Jackie

Dave is an idiot. He is as irritating as a bad rash and I don't know how that neck hold up that head. Don't give him more money and kick him to the curb A&E. The Gambler could go too. He's a all talk, no guts.

waweba

If you like Storage Wars, then you'll like this Storage Wars app. Check it out at http://bit.ly/yPeMED

Helen

Let Nabila take his place. Everyone hates this clown. Send him to Texas Storage Wars.