'Storage Wars' Star

I Need BIG MONEY

... or I'm Off the Show!!

1/9/2012 4:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0109_storage_wars_video_ex
"Storage Wars" star Dave Hester -- the "YUUUP" guy -- tells TMZ he's ready and willing to walk away from the biggest A&E reality show ever ... if the network doesn't up their "unjust" contract offer.

Hester was out in L.A. this weekend ... sporting a hat with his signature catchphrase on it ... when he told our photog he hasn't locked up a deal to return to the show next season.

The reality star explained, "Right now I'm in negotiations with A&E and I would just hope they would get away from their unjust contract negotiations ... the ball is really in their court."

He adds, "I don't know what their plans are ... but I would like to be on the show. Maybe 'Storage Wars' without Dave Hester??"

And to make matters worse ... Hester says he wasn't even invited to A&E's Christmas party.

A rep for A&E had no comment.

pdlc88

Dave is my least favorite, but he should be paid well if the shows a success. Better him then them, let the little guy win,they make plenty.

ChunkyLightning

I have no idea about the contract details but wouldn't be surprised that this guys fame in his own mind has spilled over. He probably wants a ton more than he's worth which is hard for a guy doing his usual job just shooting his mouth off more. The fact that he wears things that he says takes the cake. Buy the guya mirror so he can watch himself and find some other garbage picker!

amy

I would LOVE to see him go -- the guy's a miserable human being. The show would be better off without him.

eve from eden

I like storage wars. Barry is my man. I have kinda fallen in love with him!

Maileeann

Please A&E give this obnoxious creep his walking papers. I qui*****ching the show because he annoyed me so much. He's like finger nails on a chalk board.

Maileeann

Geez...All I said was "qui*****ching" and I get censored?

JP

A&E should charge that jerkoff advertising $$

patty

I would watch storage wars more if Dave wasn't on the show.
I cant stand him. Later Dave !!

Coni

This could me an entertaining show just by opening storage units and seeing what they find but it gets turned off here when the language is unsuitable for my parents and grandchildren. To hear the filthy mouth of older man like Hester is so offensive to everyone. His son especially looks so embarrassed by him and I have to wonder how proud his own parents and wife must be. I hope he doesn't have daughters because the respect he has for the viewers has to carry on to those around him because they are sure to be seen in the same light. Shame on you old man and shame on A&E for thinking this vocabulary is entertaining to anyone other than an immature 12 year old.

Liz

Nowhere in this TMZ clip does Dave say he is asking for more money in the contract. There may be other issues. Dave is my favorite and I would stop watching Storage Wars if he wasn't on it anymore.

Daisy

A & E please keep him off the show!! He's the only thing I don't like about it!

Roni Mist

Not the biggest fan of the show but....please go away Dave and take that annoying Jarrod with you...so staged and scripted. Here is a thought, put a little reality in your reality show!

magellan

A&E - send him packing !! He's an arrogant tweeb.

Pat

Good riddance! There is no way that anyone "Tunes In" just to watch him. This guy is an arrogant, thinks he knows everything, but really knows nothing, PRICK. See Ya, Defiantly wouldn't want to be ya.

Dave

I'd be sadder if Barry left. If it was up to me I'd say....
NOOOOOPPPPPEEEEEEE!