« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Manny Pacquiao

48 Hours to Decide

If He'll Fight Floyd

1/11/2012 9:46 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0111_manny_freddie_floyd_EX_01
Manny Pacquiao could decide today or tomorrow whether he will fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. on May 5th -- this according to Manny's trainer.

Freddie Roach just told TMZ Manny and promoter Bob Arum are in the Philippines, figuring out if they can put off several deals to fight other boxers ... to clear the decks for a Mayweather fight in May.

Roach is scoffing at Mayweather's tweet, in which he calls Pacquiao a "punk," saying, "He should look in the mirror. He's been ducking us for 2 years."

As for what weight class Pacquiao will fight Mayweather ... Roach said 147 lbs -- that's the upper limit of welterweight.

Of course, even if Pacquiao can rearrange his schedule, both sides have to agree on a financial deal. Roach says, "We'll do it on even terms."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

matt

god I hope mayweather gets KTFO

Shane D.

Alright!!! A BIG FIGHT has been overdue....

give me a freakin break

If there is a sports athlete on this planet that deserves nothing in life, it's Floyd Mayweather.

Bully, woman-beater, burns money for a laugh...AND HE CALLS MANNY A PUNK. HAHA.
I hate Floyd Mayweather.

D. Potter

How is this celebrity news? What is this ESPN? Slow news day?

Joe

Funny that a 'man' who is going to jail for beating up a woman calls someone a punk. And then tells pacman to look in a mirror. Ummm mayweather... You should look in a mirror and see who the real punk is. It is you !

Amber

So he didn't go to jail because a fight was already scheduled? What happened to that fight??? He should go straight to jail, why are they letting him find someone to fight or was Manny the one that was scheduled??? I'm confused, either way this woman beater needs to be in jail!!!!

Joe

I always heard mayweather will ONLY fight in Vegas because he is able to use a performance enhancing drug that only that state allows. Does anyone know anything about this. I don't like mayweather, but I don't want to start a false rumor about him.

ObrienLily

my classmate's mother makes $84 every hour on the internet. She has been fired for 10 months but last month her check was $8514 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read about it on this site View More

Amber

I swear I thought the guy in the middle was Spencer Pratt when I first glanced at that picture!!! LOL *gag*

Coco Chanel

THE MONEY TEAM! Baby

Rhubino

And what does William H. Macy have to do with this? (kidding)

ffootballontwitter

Timing is everything...Las Vegas Review Journal gossip reporter Norm Clarke recently noted Floyd Mayweather lost a cool $1 million betting against Tim Tebow in the now-infamous Steelers-Broncos playoff game. Guess Floyd finally decided he needed the money to cover his expenses while incarcerated...and since he missed so badly on the "easy" Tebow score, is willing to risk a potential beat-down. Lots of time to heal up in celebrity jail, I guess.

Jay W.

Would be great if it happens... though I doubt it will.

nyc44th

A guy (a professional boxer no less) who beat up a woman is calling someone a "punk". Ridiculous!! Floyd is a POS. He ducked Manny for years, THEN called him out for press. All his talk about money as if that really makes a man . . he is just a punk. I am impressed with the character of a man, not burning money and massive ego that is really based on his fear. How about being a better roll model?

DirtySouth

Manny,

To help you decide, I don't have cable, but I will get cable just to buy your fight on pay-per-view and, hopefully, watch you beat the f*** out of mayweather.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments