Widow of Flight 93 Hero:

Wahlberg's 9/11 Comments

Were VERY Disrespectful

1/18/2012 10:22 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0118_mark_wahlberg_ex_tmz
Mark Wahlberg
's claim that he would've been able to single-handedly over-power the 9/11 terrorists and prevent a plane from crashing is completely "disrespectful" ... so says the widow of one of the REAL heroic victims who RUSHED THE COCKPIT on that fateful day.

TMZ spoke with Deena Burnett-Bailey -- whose husband Thomas Burnett phoned her from that fateful flight saying, "I know we're going to die. There's three of us who are going to do something about it."

0118_tom_burnett_sub
Burnett-Bailey tells us, "Does Mark Wahlberg have a pilot's license? Then I think hindsight is 20/20 and it's insignificant to say what you would have done if you weren't there. "

She adds, "The plan for Flight 93 was foiled by heroes. For him to speculate that his presence on board could have stopped everything is silly and disrespectful.  Sounds like someone is grandstanding."

We called Wahlberg for comment -- so far, no word back.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

SSinOC

I thought you couldn't make a cell phone call from a plane???

Chrama

love her. lover her cool response. I now hate Mary Mark

tmzfan

MW is a huge jerk for saying that. Anyone who says they could of done better is wrong. They have no idea what was going on up there. Ignore his comments, he has always thought he was a tough guy, buy his voice makes him sound more like a whimp. I don't care for Markie Mark.... or whoever he is these days.

Squeaky Shoes

i wouldn't dignify this woman's rant with a response anyway... it's called freedom of speech, if you like it, don't listen to it! but she *wants* media attention... that's it, end of story, trying to cash in on her husband's memory rather than cherish it. and speaking to a GOSSIP news site about it? bad form lady... baaaad form

nancy

Flight 93 was not a movie script Mark. It was real life with real life heroes who gave their lives fighting the terrorists.

Susan

touchey...touchey

ckat

Cmon lady get a life.. MW would have saved the day!!

ckat

Taken a little too seriously huh bish? GET A LIFE.

2idiots

Good for her, so glad she spoke out. Marky Mark, that's for proving just how ignorant and self-centered you are.

BeHonest

If I was a soldier during WWII, I would have kick Hilter's azz. If I was the President, I would have fixed the country. If I knew the lotto number, I would have win the lotto, if I was Mark Wahberg, I would have kept my big mouth shut. If..............

ray

HE IS A FREAKING TOOL. I actually thought he had become one of the "good" ones, apparently I was wrong, honestly am dissapointed. he's just another HOLLYWOOD DuBag

gutsygirl

Like we care what a guy who grabs his crotch in underwear for a living thinks.

bring back recent posts

....TYPICAL ACTOR....ridiculously full of himself! plain and simple....

jazer

Marky Mark, you are a complete TOOL!

RoxyGirl

His head is to big for his shoulders! I use to like him but not anymore!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments