Widow of Flight 93 Hero:

Wahlberg's 9/11 Comments

Were VERY Disrespectful

1/18/2012 10:22 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0118_mark_wahlberg_ex_tmz
Mark Wahlberg
's claim that he would've been able to single-handedly over-power the 9/11 terrorists and prevent a plane from crashing is completely "disrespectful" ... so says the widow of one of the REAL heroic victims who RUSHED THE COCKPIT on that fateful day.

TMZ spoke with Deena Burnett-Bailey -- whose husband Thomas Burnett phoned her from that fateful flight saying, "I know we're going to die. There's three of us who are going to do something about it."

0118_tom_burnett_sub
Burnett-Bailey tells us, "Does Mark Wahlberg have a pilot's license? Then I think hindsight is 20/20 and it's insignificant to say what you would have done if you weren't there. "

She adds, "The plan for Flight 93 was foiled by heroes. For him to speculate that his presence on board could have stopped everything is silly and disrespectful.  Sounds like someone is grandstanding."

We called Wahlberg for comment -- so far, no word back.

homey

I really think the jet was shot down by our own fighter jets.
Think about it..Back in 2001 you went from your bedroom to the kitchen and your phone went into roam..Let alone being 10000 ft high and doing 700 miles an hour..Cell phones stunk back then..
These family members bought into the govt hype that their family members are heros..

MP

The ego on this guy is astounding. He's going to catch flack for his comments and he deserves it. Think before you speak, Mark.

Andrew

The media cannot be trusted. Out of context that quote sounds awful. I will wait to read the entire article before passing judgement.

Bird

Mark, sometimes it's best to keep your shut before you make yourself look like a total jackass.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

There is no end to this #$%$s narcissism. What--the REAL heroes that went down with the plane, who tried to stop it, were inept, & that's why the plane went down? That's what his idiotic comment says to me. This isn't the F*****G MOVIES where you walk up & blow their heads off wahlberg! It was reality, they did ALL THEY COULD to stop it. You think they didn't care if they died, so that's why it turned out the way it did? You're an absolute arrogant idiot & you always will be. You just singlehandedly insulted the people on that plane who were murdered, as well as their families. You're nothing but a fake punk.

gloria

I am going with the premise that Mark Wahlberg's comments in Men's Health were taken out of context and that he never meant to say what TMZ is now reporting. Magazine writers will twist the truth to make for interesting reading. I want to believe the Mark Wahlberg is not this stupid.

USArmy

I like him but this is one of the stupidest statements I have ever heard. He should publicly apologize for his comments.

russ46

if u believe these passengers attacked ANYONE u are an idiot to believe suchBS put out by the govt

HARRY NIPPLES, Jr.

Mark Wahlberg is a pansy actor whose only action would have been to wet himself and hide.

BH

Mark found himself being tried as an adult and charged for attempted murder. He beat up two Vietnamese men he was trying to steal from and the attack left one of the men permanently blind in one eye. And he thinks he has the makings to be an American Hero!

Anthony_garcya

I kind of wish Marky Mark was on the plane. Try out his theory. Disrespecting heroes like that, everything Marky has had has been handed to him, time for someone to give this fake ass wanna-be tough bozo a reality check. I always assumed he was just some wooden b level actor. But he really thinks he's something. What a douche. The more I hear this delusional wanna be talk the more I hate the ignorant fool.

MJ

Another actor not realizing that real life occurs "off" script and without stunt men. Apparently, Marky Mark is confusing his movie persona with his actual real life abilities. Now, who's going to break the news to him that he was never in a war, never a real boxer, etc, etc.

AntiSocialForum.com

Mark Wahlberg is a hero in his own conceded mind.
---
Shocker, another actor with a God complex.
----
BTW, don't copy my comments or I'll SOPA/PIPA your ass!

Fan

Now there is one more crash Marky Mark can't stop: His career.

charley

Deena Burnett-Bailey is a stupid fool....Mark was making a joke...and from what I see on TV and all the jokes that comedians make about 9/11 are even worse then his remark.....why dont this bitch go after them too. She probably can look at our soldiers pissing on dead soldiers and do nothing about that, but when someone makes a silly joke the bitch is offended....9/11 happened get over it!