Widow of Flight 93 Hero:

Wahlberg's 9/11 Comments

Were VERY Disrespectful

1/18/2012 10:22 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0118_mark_wahlberg_ex_tmz
Mark Wahlberg
's claim that he would've been able to single-handedly over-power the 9/11 terrorists and prevent a plane from crashing is completely "disrespectful" ... so says the widow of one of the REAL heroic victims who RUSHED THE COCKPIT on that fateful day.

TMZ spoke with Deena Burnett-Bailey -- whose husband Thomas Burnett phoned her from that fateful flight saying, "I know we're going to die. There's three of us who are going to do something about it."

0118_tom_burnett_sub
Burnett-Bailey tells us, "Does Mark Wahlberg have a pilot's license? Then I think hindsight is 20/20 and it's insignificant to say what you would have done if you weren't there. "

She adds, "The plan for Flight 93 was foiled by heroes. For him to speculate that his presence on board could have stopped everything is silly and disrespectful.  Sounds like someone is grandstanding."

We called Wahlberg for comment -- so far, no word back.

SUNIA3

SCHMUCK!

Simone

A big F YOU to Markie Mark.

You disrespectful piece of sh!t.

Karma will knock Mr Funky Bunch on his rear for this one.

Moonbeam

If one of the terrorists stalled the plane and/or otherwise threw the plane into a downward direction before the terrorists could all be overtaken (and it could have happened even before those heroic passengers reached the ****pit if the terrorists thought they were already doomed), and if the pilot and co-pilot were incapacitated, then people without pilot training could hardly be expected to recover from that downward spiral, or whatever it's called. Even trained pilots, like the French who crashed into the ocean leaving South America, and the commuter flight to Buffalo, fell victim to their inability to bring the plane back into position. Those passengers very likely saved most of Congress which was in session that day.

Patrick O’Malley

Truly stupid and insensitive comment just to promote his movie. Ms Bailey, your husband was a hero for doing what he did.

lisa

Once again a Hollywood jerk thinks he knows everything that happened that day!!! Marky Mark --- stick to what you think you are great at Mr Actor....

John

9/11 was a great tragedy, but it has been ten years. When are some of these people going to stop whining about it and get on with their lives!

Bmus

I've always liked MW ,But damn this statement he made about 9/11 makes himself sound like a real douch. I hope it was written out of context.

Jexica

What person not directly tied to the plane crashes hasn't said or at least thought the same thing? You can think you would react a certain way in a crazy situation, then when it happens you do something totally different. There is nothing wrong with what he said IMO.

Rhonda

MARK YOU WERE PART OF A BOY BAND AT ONE TIME O.K.!!!! The only thing you would have done is break out in a dance. Please stop trying to act all hard because you star in action movies. This wasn't a script and there would have been no stunt body doubles to do your fighting.

bbaker02

GOD I get so tired of hearing people whining all the freaking time. Guess what? I probably would have saved the plane too. Maybe I'm a jerk too, but i would have saved that damn plane.

t

I don't remember reading anywhere in the previous article from Mark Walburg where he said he'd be able to single-handedly fight off the terrorists. What he did say was along the lines of he would have fought them, too. I think this woman probably took what he said out of context and is still hurting (understandably) and is lashing out at him. I don't believe in a heartbeat he meant any disrespect from his comments.

lol

why is everyone so mad at mark??... i have thought myself for years why when the enemy was out numbered we did not act?? there was several men and woman on these plans that could of ganged up on these people...i mean u already know ur gonna die, u might as well go down trying!! that could of saved thousands!!

Joan K

Deena, I respect you for how you responded to this idiot. I don't think I would have been able to keep my cool like you did. I have been donating for the past couple of years to the Memorial they are erecting to your husband and the rest of the people on Flight 93. I recieved a beautiful flag last year that flew at the sight and I am going to fly it in honor of your husband and fellow passengers. God Bless you and your family. I will never forget.

Tom

He could have done it in a movie while play-acting as some kind of a badass, but his words are nothing more than bluster from some pampered Hollywood twit. It seems like some of these morons have seen their characters doing great things on the big screen, and now they think they're invincible (see also...Russell Crowe and Mel Gibson).

TheTruthHurts

Sam is correct. Flight 93 was shot down by the military.

Hutch, Ray: Please Google Flight 93 - Bush - **** Cheney - Donald Rumsfeld before you post an ignorant, uneducated response.

Why does someone have to be a conspiracy theorist because they take the time to research a topic before they post a comment on the Internet. Before you purchase a house or car, it seems only logical to do research before you make such a large purchase?

Or do you put down a substantial down payment of your hard earned money sight unseen?? If so, I have some prime real estate down in the Everglades for sale.

I'm just as patriotic as the next person. BUT, I don't believe EVERYTHING that the U.S. says is "In the best interest of our country". It's just common sense.

Ray - Judging from your pic, you should know better than to believe everything you hear. ie. Tuskegee Experiment, 1967 USS Liberty cover-up, H1N1 cover-up, Gulf War Syndrome and the list goes on.

A Friend of mine who was in his 20's at the time was deployed to Saudi Arabia for "Operation Desert Shield" and when he returned, he said he felt like an "old man". He had the "shakes", couldn't sleep, constant headaches, he moved slowly because he said that his bones hurt and he was tired all the time.

He went to countless doctors who told him that it was "in his head". Later on he found out that he and his fellow soldiers were told to take off their gas mask when they were in the field. He thought it was an odd order since he was trained to NEVER take off his gas mask in enemy territory until you can verify that chemical agents are not being used. But, as an obedient soldier he did what was asked of him.

He later found out that the the U.S. knew that Saddam Hussein was using chemical weapons against the U.S. soldiers and that the U.S. wanted to see the affects that these chemicals have on the soldiers (AMERICAN SOLDIERS!!)so the U.S. could counter these chemicals just in case it was used on U.S. soil.

In military terms, that's called collateral damage. Initially, the U.S. stated these symptoms did not exist until more and more soldiers were coming home with the same symptoms. Please research the FACT.

You and Hutch probably believe that slavery never existed.

The US are the biggest fear mongers of all the civilized nations. The best way to control a society and make them obedient is through fear.

Let me guess, Ray and Hutch, you are probably mis-guided Republicans who honestly believe that you are the 1% of the U.S. wealthy and not the 99% of American who the Republicans and their special interest groups are trying to abolish.

News flash: I know that I'm in the 99% group that the Republicans piss on everyday and use my hard earned dollars to sustain the 1%'ers lavish lifestyle.

What group do you fall under? If your sitting in front of your computer posting comments on TMZ, then there is no need to answer. But I'm guessing that you still vote Republican

Hutch, Ray - Put down that six pack of beer, shut down your computer, do some research and join the real world.

TEAM OBAMA!!!!