Mark Wahlberg

Sorry for Dissing 9/11 Heroes

1/18/2012 12:22 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0118_walberg_tmz_ex_5
Mark Wahlberg
is apologizing for saying he could have rewritten 9/11 history, fighting off the terrorists on one of the flights ... and safely landing the plane -- telling TMZ, "To suggest I would have done anything differently than the passengers on that plane was irresponsible."

Mark originally made the comments in an interview with Men's Journal, claiming, "If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn't have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry.'"

But Mark admits he crossed the line -- telling us, "To speculate about such a situation is ridiculous to begin with."

Mark adds, "I deeply apologize to the families of the victims that my answer came off as insensitive, it was certainly not my intention."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Bodacious

Leave the man alone!!!!

Babydoll0630

EXACTLY bodacious!! They have no news so they had to blow this story out of proportion to give ppl something to talk about. Everyone knows his intentions were not to upset anyone. He was AFTER ALL SUPPOSED to be on that flight. Get a LIFE people.

firebaby

that formula sounded about right: say what you mean then give a PR apology for it...

Just Reading

Real life isn't an action movie set Marky. The passengers "did fight," him being there would only have added a celebrity name to the list of those who lost their lives that day. Idiot...but glad he apologized.

Elloria

You know...He just said what millions of others are and have said about this. Everyone is highly emotional about that day. I had a lot of friends saying they would have done the same thing, were they saying it to disrespect those in the attack? NO. They were saying it because they were pissed they were mad that something this bad could have happened to us. We all wanted to go find these guys and do what others didn't.

Aber

As a NYer words don't effect me. However, he made a dumb comment. Just another case of actors thinking they are more important than they really are.

me

Once again the media is going to persecute a Hollywood actor after they announce publicly that they are Christian.

Why don't you stop kissing George Clooney's ass for being a disgusting womanizing pig, or Chelsea Handler for just being disgusting!

Just saying...

mebrat24

It's called eatin your words for being a dumb ****

DLadyMiller

I believe if he were on that plane...he would've done just what he say's. Marky kicks ass. Love em

patty

honestly - every one knows actors aren't the sharpest tools in the shed - they need to stop asking them questions that are news worthy or political, they always answer stupidly and end up apologizing - just ask them what they are wearing

Jim in Cali

I think I understand what Mark is trying to say but you just can't go there and not have it portrayed as mocking the victims.

Plus the ones that tried to take over the plane that crashed in Penn kind of disputes Mark's claim that he would have taken out 5 of the terrorists and safely landed the plane.

Tigers Wood

I sure those hijackers informed the passengers that everything would be okay if they just sit and behave. Remember when the other plane found out what was happening and they began to fight off the terrorist and the terrorist just crashed the plane.

sweetdee88

i'm glad we live in an age of instant communication so we can really learn what complete morons these celebrities are; before we could only just guess...

Tigers Wood

These actors are tough as nails, I remember back in the 80's when Eric Estrada from CHIPS said he was the toughest actor in Hollywood and he could beat up anyone of them.

CLINT

He said something stupid and apologized for it. Enough said. I've read a lot worse from some of the people commenting on this site.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments