Rapper Webbie

I'm Not a Murderer!

1/23/2012 4:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rapper Webbie -- I am Not a Murderer!
Rapper Webbie is adamant ... he had nothing to do with an Alabama nightclub shooting that left one man dead -- telling TMZ, he was just there to perform ... and that's what he did.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, cops rushed to Webbie's show at Primetime nightclub in Dothan around 3am Sunday -- responding to a call of shots fired. When they arrived, they discovered a man lying face down on the pavement outside the club with a gunshot wound to the chest. He died later at the hospital.

Webbie -- real name Webster Gradney -- was taken in for questioning following the incident, and there were Internet reports he was being investigated for murder. Webbie insists that's not true.

Webbie's manager tells us, the rapper was questioned simply because the shooting occurred at his concert -- and police thought he might have some info about what went down.

But according to law enforcement sources, Webbie didn't know jack ...so they let him go -- no arrest, no charges filed.

oleman

umm, is this a celebrity??? Who is this?

NobodySpecial

Nothing like going to a hip hop concert just to get killed. Black people need to learn to tone it down.

Seldombinlaid

Webbie huh. Another one I'll have to look up.

Mumra the Ever Living

Does TMZ get paid for putting posts about these unknown rappers on your web site? I'm not joking, do you?

ChloeMarie

who?

haskel420

put enough black people in one spot and play some rap music they are gonna shoot up the place OR stab someone

CLINT

Webbie innocent or Webbie guilty. You be the judge. Either way, Webbie partyin' till the cows come home.

Seldombinlaid

Looks like a frog in that picture waiting to get a fly.

SawaPlain&Tall

You ppl clearly know nothing about rap. What have you been living under a rock? Everyone who listens to rap knows who Webbie is as an artist. Try commenting on someting you know about. @NobodySpecial and haskel420 it's not a black and white thing. All people are ignorant! You two are perfect examples. Thanks for the laughs! #FREEBOOSIE

Vernon P. Alarcon

GUILTY....y'all lookin good in ORANGE

Bellaca

He looks like a clown, and considering NO ONE knows who he is, this is FREE publicity for him.

XYZ

WHO??! Wow... what a "great" looking guy... LMFAO!!!

Mumra the Ever Living

ArtOfWar - That is truly the most moronic statement I've read for quite a while on this site, and this site has some real pea brains who comment.
I'm sorry I can't relate to your dopey looking rap icon - and no, I'm not going to smoke on it, I let you suck on it instead.

SawaPlain&Tall

I'm not mad at ppl for not being a Webbie fan. I'm not a huge fan. What kills me is that ppl read this article and started to talk about black ppl. STFU! All black ppl are not the same. I listen to EVERYTHING from Alanis Morissette, Portishead, to Gucci.

real

it seem like everyone is talking down on him on here because he is a black male with a grill in his mouth..i bet if he was white yall would say he was innocent then smh.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments