'American Idol'

Exec Producer Pitches

Obama Duet with Al Green

1/30/2012 11:51 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0130_algreen_obama_BN
"American Idol" honcho Nigel Lythgoe has balls -- he's asking Prez Obama to come on the show to do the song that made him even more famous -- with Al Green.

Seems Nigel was blown away by Obama's short rendition of "Let's Stay Together" at the Apollo Theater earlier this month.

So Nigel just tweeted the Prez, "We loved your vocal performance so much we'd love to invite you on to American Idol this Season for a duet with Al Green."

We'd watch.  But is it a good move for the Prez?

Jan P

I will stop watching the show completely if they put that horrible man on the show. the name of the show is AMERICAN Idol...this creep has done nothing but try to destroy our America.

Buckaroobonzai

Hey Nigel,
as an American, I think I rather my Pres to more important things. I don't pay him to entertain, I pay him to run the country.

jujubee

no, not a good move for obama..it would make everybody who's smart hate him 10X more bc instead of fixing all of the problems in our country, half of which HE caused, he'd be on tv singing?? no, not smart obama, do ONE thing right in your term

kim

HE SOUNDED GOOD BUT IT TAKES MORE THAN A FEW LINES TO BE A GOOD SINGER...

London Vik

Dont be stupid

Joe

I say ask him to be on the show when he gets America financially where it should be. As for now, it is not. Not by far. Nigel, let the prez do his job.

Starla

Smart move for AI. Ratings, ratings, ratings.

Chris

I sure he is a better singer than he is a president.

Seldombinlaid

Maybe we can get Harvey to do his Motown moves, and singing on American Idol:) Note to Charles: Please bring that up on TMZ Live. Who needs the Prez when we have all the talent wasting there at TMZ. :)

Phreaky

Harvey no offense, but you are SOOO corny. It is so easy to tell when something "tickles" you personally, you go on and on and on and on and on and on about it. You've already twittered this story (twice?) and I can only imagine there will be 15 more posts about it. So-and-so tells Obama about it! Obama's response! Another offer! and on and on.
Really. Corny = lame.

Susan G.

Oh HELL NO I wouldn't watch it!! Jan P. is totally correct. Maybe he can appear on Idol after he hopefully loses his job in November!!

TL

Hmm, I don't think that would be a good move and doubt he would even entertain the thought. It's funny how a few people truly believe that he caused the major problems in this country...remember he inherited 2 wars which BUSH started, a failing economy because of BUSH's policies...you think this stuff can be fixed in 4 years? You are as dumb as your posts. It's simple, JAN P and JUJUBEE, you can always move to Canada, trust me when I say, we won't miss you. You honestly think either out of touch Romney or Angry Grinch will be a serous threat to Obama?? LOL!

Rebecca

That's why I don't like Obama. He's more like a celebrity than a President. He's all about rubbing shoulders with Hollywood.

fanboymagazine

Hell yes. iTunes it for charity.

Just as long as we don't get a "Republican response" like Newt, Mitt and Ron, doing a Pat Boone medley...

Grace

Pres Obama has done enough to devalue the office of the U S Presidency. I hope he does not go on A I because he will further cheapen the presidency in the eyes of the world. But he makes everything all about him so he probably will so he can impress the morons who watch A I. He is a disgrace.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments