Paula Abdul

FIRED from 'X Factor' ...

And Simon Hasn't Called

1/31/2012 7:53 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Abdul was fired from the X factor
Paula Abdul
got the ax from "X Factor" ... TMZ has learned.

It's a stunning development, given that Simon Cowell personally recruited Paula after she was booted from "American Idol."

Sources also tell TMZ ... Paula got the news from a lawyer connected with the show, and has yet to hear from Simon.

Paula's pink slip now sits on top of those delivered to Nicole Scherzinger and Steve Jones.

Our sources say Simon has not found replacements for the cast members who got booted.

update_bar
Paula just issued a statement, claiming she harbors no hard feelings toward Simon over the split -- "Simon and I, along with Fox and Fremantle, have been communicating about this for a while now, and I have absolute understanding of the situation."

Paula adds, "Simon is, and will remain, a dear friend of mine and I’ve treasured my experience working this past season."

0131_paula_abdul_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Arcadia Rink

OMG!

Stiletto

How many times do you women have to be told? Just hold your nose and swallow.

VOUDOU

A real miracle. Someone with a functional brain watched the show back and saw the train wreck that was the three that are canned. Now it has a bit of a chance to survive.

craig

who did she bang now?

JiLL1

Paula AND Nicole. Wow. Musta been over their flakiness, and inability to make tough decisions

jdub

Good. Paula and Nicole are beyond irritating and the host was rude as hell.

awards

Maybe she will go out and party with Heather and Demi, they need supervision...!

STFUP

This show is gonna fail. Simon can't carry it all on his own - and they aren't going to find any decent replacements.

Coco Chanel

Wow.

sherry

One more judge to go, come on, let him go too, he should have gone first, LA Reid made the show tough to watch, please give him the boot.

JiLL1

That host, Steve Jones, had to go. He sucked

Nyx

Paula and Simon have a fun chemistry. She should stay but good riddance to Nicole and Steve. Racist LA Reid should go also go. He made the show more unbearable than the rest put together.

Susan62509

Sounds to me like Simon just put all 3 of them under a 1 season contract. It would be a great idea for Simon to change judges each season to bring more variety and reaction to X-Factor. He should bring Howard Stern on as a judge to shake up things. Lame, wishy-washy judges are boring as Simon himself proved in American Idol.

Susan62509

To clarify my comment above. Simon was NOT the wishy-washy one on A.I. It was all the others. When Simon left, A.I. struggled. I want more outspoken judges like Simon.

Kari

Simon is the reason I don't watch it--not the people he fired.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments