Paula Abdul

FIRED from 'X Factor' ...

And Simon Hasn't Called

1/31/2012 7:53 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Abdul was fired from the X factor
Paula Abdul
got the ax from "X Factor" ... TMZ has learned.

It's a stunning development, given that Simon Cowell personally recruited Paula after she was booted from "American Idol."

Sources also tell TMZ ... Paula got the news from a lawyer connected with the show, and has yet to hear from Simon.

Paula's pink slip now sits on top of those delivered to Nicole Scherzinger and Steve Jones.

Our sources say Simon has not found replacements for the cast members who got booted.

update_bar
Paula just issued a statement, claiming she harbors no hard feelings toward Simon over the split -- "Simon and I, along with Fox and Fremantle, have been communicating about this for a while now, and I have absolute understanding of the situation."

Paula adds, "Simon is, and will remain, a dear friend of mine and I’ve treasured my experience working this past season."

0131_paula_abdul_footer

AntiSocialForum.com

Does anyone still watch these stupid Fox talent shows anyway?

desimae28

Simon is a phony and the X factor showed this. I hated the show for more reasons than the awful host. Why did the judges always make the singers sing the same boring crap week after week. .....Their theme weeks were an absolute joke....it didn't matter, they would sing whatever the judges wanted....self absorbed, boring, ugh....

sean

OMG HUGE MISTAKE GETTING RID OF PAULA!
Steve Jones ans Nicole I totally understand.

yeahrightmoron

"remembering paula abdul" on the photobar at the bottom??? really?? how DRUNK do you guys get over there...

Christina

Stopped watching IDOL without Paula and will no longer watch Xfactor either.

They should have that untalented Scherzinger given the boot. This is just.....honestly, I don't know what more to say. SHAME!!

Canadasux

'Didn't see this coming (NOT!). XF never did live up to the manufactured hype. So, this non-event-in-my-life XF housecleaning was inevitable. I never watched the show, nor will ever watch it. Simon Cowell is so full of himself. It makes everything he does on screen so unwatchable. So,...(yawn!) I gotta' go.

Jenny

Well, they had to do something. "The X Factor" in its current form is a terrible terrible show. It was just awful last year.

Cujeaux

He forced the women to act like crybaby ninnies then isn't happy with them when it tanks. Haha Simon! That's what you get for ripping off AI in it's entirety.

Jenn

I don't even watch it (Xfactor). Basically American Idol is fun to watch and it's a simple formula. Not only that but the judges rock. The current group of Steven Tyler (he's my fave), J.Lo and Randy is great. They basically want to find talent and don't pull any crap. I loved watching L. Lo find her voice last season and Stevie just emanates love- ya that might sound corny but it's fun to watch and I bet Simon is just pissed off and shocked that it's doing so well.

poppy

Paula, Nicole, and Steve were all fired "In No Particular Order!"

Lil

The only reason I watched that crappy show was to watch Paula and Simon again. I cannot believe it. Steve was horrible a british accent is just to much to watch a entire show. But Paula now being gone I will never watch again.

bornunderprotest

MOLLY MUMBLES ?

Joan K

I watched this dumb azz show for one season and not even the complete season and it is hard to believe that it hasn't been cancelled as of yet. Boring as hell

wenzy

WHEN PAULA MADE THAT LITTLE GIRL CRY...I SAID..."BYE BYE"! SHE AND NICOLE FORGOT WHO WAS SIGNING THEIR PAYCHECK AND GANGED UP ON SIMON A BIT TOO MUCH. STUPID STUPID STUPID!

Cynthia

I don't watch it regularly, but I've seen Paula rebound from sooooo many things, that I have no doubt she'll rebound from this one too! No biggie Paula - KEEP IT MOVING!!!! :-)