Simon Cowell

I'm Not Finished

with Paula Abdul

1/31/2012 12:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0131_simon_cowell_tmz2_BN
Simon Cowell
says he's still close with Paula Abdul -- even though he just fired her ass -- and plans to work with her again in the very near future.

Cowell just released a statement about the bloodbath at "X Factor" ... saying, "I want to say a massive thank you to Paula, Nicole and Steve for being part of the 'X Factor' last year."

He added, "You do develop friendships with the people you work with and Paula, in particular, is a very close friend and I expect to be working with her on another project in the near future."

tori

Paula is the best,he's an idiot for firing her. I for one won't be watching anytime soon!!!!

Inky

Epic Fail.

sunny

Next project? Yep you guessed it, Simon will propose!

Miranda

This is the stupidest decision that has ever been made, really, REALLY?! That shows only saving grace was Paula and Simon together again, Paula gone is going to make the show unwatchable. I know I'm done.

Chad

Since it's Simon's show he is nicer to the contestants and thus became fairly boring. I watched to see him and Paula's intereactions with each other. Unless he gets some nice expensive talent, I've now lost interest in the show.

Seldombinlaid

Simon, you screwed up loosing Paula. Trust me you'll see.

Phishie from Philly

Paula's not fired. Shes just not working on the X-Factor anymore. Shes going to be my head cleaning lady. She's going to clean my head. Head is another name for bathroom, toilet, or sheetter. See I know American slang.

Phishie from Philly

King of TMZ

the only one who made big mistakes last year was actually SIMON! lol:

- Eliminating Interesting Charyl Cole for Boring flat Nicole
- Eliminating Tora Woloshin & Cathelyn for Simone & Tiah
- Eliminating Terrel Carter who would have helped the ratings
- The British Judge

What do you expect Simon? many including myself quit following the show after your bad decisions especially when you got emotionally stuck with mediocre Simone eliminating people that are better than even Melanie. Come on dude.

I think Paula was good to the show it made it look familiar as she was with him before on AI anyway wont be surprised if we see another catastrophe of Simon's decision next season the guy seems to lose his magic as he age.

Ray

Should have kept Nicole & Paula, pulled the stick out of Steve's ass and got rid of SIMON. He is just too obnoxious, just put him in a room with a big mirror where he admire himself

Aaron

Where did Simon Cowell work in the 90's? Anyone know how he started out working in the music business.....

teri

Should have at least kept Paula and let go Reid....he is boring, boring, boring. I like the combination of AI judges n their at least fun.

Dacritics

X-Factor Judges and Host get the boot: Reactions from the web (Funny) http://bit.ly/y1Kt8M

ivona poyntz

But maybe she's finished with YOU, Simon!

Jeff

I think we can read between the lines on this one. I'm guessing their next "project" will be of a personal nature. I say, "Good for them!" My Mom always said, "Play with kids your own age." Both of them have been in the industry for about as long. She needs his sophisticated Alpha male grounding, while he could certainly appreciate her flighty eternal optimism. While a young hot distraction is certainly nice, as they both have had. Maybe it's time for something more meaningful.

Paula Gordon

Simon Cowell should give the little people a shoot, someone like myself!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments