'House of Carters' Star

Rx Drugs Suspected in Death

2/1/2012 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Leslie Carter and the Carter family
Leslie Carter
was battling an addiction to prescription medication in the days before her death ... and family members believe she died as a result of an overdose.

Sources close to the "House of Carters" reality star tell TMZ ... the 25-year-old sister of Nick Carter had recently moved from Canada to Upstate New York to live with family members while she attempted to kick her addiction.

We're told family members had attempted to rid the home of any prescription medication -- including Xanax --  and were hopeful Leslie was on the road to recovery.

Sources say family members believed Leslie would be OK to stay alone in the home for roughly an hour yesterday while they ran errands ... but when they returned, Leslie was unconscious.

Officials were called to the scene ... but Leslie could not be saved.

We're told Leslie's 1-year-old daughter was not at home with Carter at the time of her death.

tellmeaboutit

That whole family is a bunch of lowlife losers. It was only a matter of time for something like this to happen.

joecrabs

Star?

Marilyn

So sad ... so sorry for the Carter family. :(

ann

death is something you can never go back on I too loss someone to this addiction!I feel the lost and I am sad for the family cause I have never gotten over the lost of my sister. A life gone too soon. There is not a day goes by that I'm not sadden in the lost of my sister laughing and joking at anyone ones lost is a sign of ignorance and uneducated!

ann

ufos8mycow

I blame Canadians and their socialized health care and cheap prescription drugs.

kim

TRAGICALLY AWFUL, I WISH the FAMILY WELLNESS and HOPE AS THEY TRY to OVERCOME THEIR SADNESS... R I P LESLIE :-(...

Kaleo smith

Its a very serious and worried case in the death issue.
ediets promo code

pam

RIP May God protect and keep you happy, why you were not happy here; I do not know, or why the bad times were stronger than the good. I just know you have no more troubles and I am ok with that; the child? your parents and family that you left will grieve for the rest of life, as they know it, and that is so very sad. It makes me ask why when I know there is no answer that is good enough,this will haunt those who loved you, may they find peace with time and to the child "please let life be good to you." We are never promised times will all be without pain,from pain we must pick ourselves up; we find that life will and can be good.

Army

Oneday I saw the site http://herpesmeet.com. I think it's good!

Krissi

omg!! RIP Leslie!!!! Miss u a ton!!!!! luv u and the fam!!!<3 be our gaurdian angel now!!!!<3

Krissi

cogboy

given the rapid fire stream of disclaimers in most pharmaceutical ads, i'd guess that prescription drugs play a part in ALL deaths...

cpstar09

y
The saddest part about Leslie is that she just had a baby in April. She was married too, but the hardest thing that is sad is that she would chat with me and tell me hello. RIP Leslie...By the way, Leslie's baby isn't eleven months, she is about nine months or ten months old. Get the facts right before you type, TMZ!

Peter Sc

Word is that she had another problem when she was teenager and her parents sought help at a so-called treatment center in La Verkin in Utah. She got hell instead of help and it should have discouraged her from ever seeking help.

Such treatment facilities should be banned because they damage more than they help but as I understand it this specific treatment facility seem to get their own president candidate in the nearest future.