'House of Carters' Star

Rx Drugs Suspected in Death

2/1/2012 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Leslie Carter and the Carter family
Leslie Carter
was battling an addiction to prescription medication in the days before her death ... and family members believe she died as a result of an overdose.

Sources close to the "House of Carters" reality star tell TMZ ... the 25-year-old sister of Nick Carter had recently moved from Canada to Upstate New York to live with family members while she attempted to kick her addiction.

We're told family members had attempted to rid the home of any prescription medication -- including Xanax --  and were hopeful Leslie was on the road to recovery.

Sources say family members believed Leslie would be OK to stay alone in the home for roughly an hour yesterday while they ran errands ... but when they returned, Leslie was unconscious.

Officials were called to the scene ... but Leslie could not be saved.

We're told Leslie's 1-year-old daughter was not at home with Carter at the time of her death.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

awards

RIP Sweetie!

Truth

Pretty girl. RIP

FABIO

Wish I'd had her in my dead pool...

Kabala

Lot's of makeup in that pic.

Are You Serious

What is with these Hollywood hacks not caring they have children when they pump this crap into their system ?? Look what Michael Jackson did to his poor kids. They should never be allowed to have kids or adopt or whatever.......Hollywood is nothing but A drug zone.

PerezHiltonsDad

Addiction is tough, I know I have an addiction to Cocaine and Alcohol and everyday is a struggle. R.I.P. young lady and God Bless your child....Jim

imstac

Damn people just let that **** alone, its killing to many people with dreams. Another sad ending if this is the case. My heart goes out to this family.

Justin

People still don't understand prescription drugs are as bad or worse than street drugs. At least street drugs aren't usually full strength because they've been cut a few times. Stupid people.

Rachel

How sad. RIP Leslie!

patty

so sad and such a loss - rip

dave

Is it too late for me to pay a visit? (If you know what I mean?) I'll bring my electric blanket.

D. Potter

...And they won't legalize Marijuana...Brilliant

Rosie

this is soo sad... 25 she was a baby herself..

Pam

Nick, Aaron, and Leslie are/were addicts. The family has so many issues on top of addiction issues.

I pray for her 1 year old daughter, and thank goodness she was not home. Hopefully, the baby's father will remove her from all the drama.

Desiree Clayton

RIP Leslie Carter, my condolences to the Carter family... Be strong for the precious baby that lost her mommy. Also Luv u Nick <3

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments