'Social Network' Star

I Learned My Lesson

After Pot Brownie Arrest

2/2/2012 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

020212_armie_hammervideo platform video management video solutions video player

"Social Network" star Armie Hammer -- the guy who played BOTH Winklevoss twins -- says he's learned one very important lesson about Texas ... a little weed can get you in a lot of trouble.

As we previously reported, Hammer was arrested at a border patrol checkpoint back in November, when drug dogs found 3 pot cookies and a bud brownie in his possession.

Hammer was at LAX yesterday ... where he told us what he's learned from the experience -- "Texas is one of those places where you dont want to mess around, period."

Armie says he can't get into specifics about the case for 90 days ... and that's because in Texas they don't mess around with pot -- and jail is on the line, so Armie wants to stay mum and hopefully skate with community service.

Jennyy

I am so glad I live in Canada right now. Pot is not legal (yet) but the laws are more relaxed. Police can't be bothered with personal use, they don't even confiscate it. They will get a little testy if you light up on the side walk but will usually leave park tokers alone.

Bobo Frog

Seems like a decent dude. Learned a valuable life lesson we can all learn from - you can't have fun in redneck states.

Justin

Why is everyone's mother so much richer than mine?

BTW -- If everyone who smokes pot wants to move to Canada, I really don't have a problem with it. Go join poster #1 and become less of a drain on society.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

pot is good for you......

Jude

Hey dumbass(es), Texas is a big mo-fo state. We'z all ain't no rednecks. I personally don't smoke it, but I believe it should be legal, if not decriminalized. If alcohol is legal, weed certainly should be. Let's get the tax revenue and shake up the Cartels. That was spoken like a Texan, however I'm a Yankee, recently moved to the bad-ass city of Houston. We have a Lesbian mayor. How redneck could we be??

la zingaro

What an idiot. The lesson is eat the freaking brownies. Man. And might I add, duuuude.

c

The only less on all these celebrities should be learning is stay the **** out of Texas.

INSIDER H8TURD, V.P.

How do you even "find" a weed cookie? It's a cookie. It looks like a fvcking cookie. Seriously?

Junglemuff

My god, I don't know this guy but first impressions are what a down to earth dude. Fu** this countries anti-pot laws, thank god he wasn't drunk and running kids over. If anything he was going to help that pathetic state of Texas by getting the munchies. It is 2012 not freaking 1965 stop with the stupid pot laws and focus on more important things in this country.

c

Cool dude.

Rhubino

Armie is short for Armand. His parents named him after baking soda. Love it.

Gene

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that you do not travel on I-10 through Texas unless you want to be searched by the Border Patrol. They have a permanent installation where they stop and search everyone travelling east or west. It's the same place Willie and Snoop got busted.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

You should know better. They just legalized sale of alcohol in the town I live in, a few years back, you had to drive to another county to buy it at all.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Oh, and you can't buy any on Sunday.

Land of the free.

Jude

Former Hand Turkey Artist: You can always smoke a blunt on Sundays . . .

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments