'Girls Gone Wild' Creator

Madonna ... You Sing that Song

And I'll Sue!!!

2/3/2012 12:17 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Joe Francis legal documents
Joe Francis
-- the mastermind behind "Girls Gone Wild" -- is sending Madonna a cease and desist letter, threatening that he'll take legal action if she sings the song from her new album -- titled "Girls Gone Wild" -- at the Super Bowl.

TMZ has obtained the letter that Francis has sent to Madonna and her "co-conspirators."  Francis' lawyer threatens to sue all of them for attempting to get a "free ride on the valuable consumer goodwill and brand recognition" of Joe's famous trademark.

Francis' lawyer makes it clear:  "Your misappropriation of my clients' trademark will not be tolerated."

But Francis is willing to cut a deal with Madonna, provided she agrees to the following terms:

-- Negotiate an immediate licensing agreement for the use of Joe's trademark
-- Account for the number of times Madonna has already used the trademark
-- NOT PERFORM THE SONG AT THE SUPER BOWL

Joe thinks NBC and the NFL are conspiring with Madonna, so the letter went to them as well.

Joe's lawyer is demanding a response by 5 PM PT today ... or else.

0203_half_time_footer

MJFan4Life

I can't stand this guy! I hope Madonna's team can find a way around this and turn around and sue Joe for harassment! If not, change the title to Girls Goin' Wild. And see what Joe thinks about that! Or make the song called Girls - Wild and the fans can say gone while Madonna sings. I hope Madonna rips this guy to shreds. Queen Of Pop!!! Queen of Music!!!

MJFan4Life

I can't stand this guy! I hope Madonnas team can find someway around this. If not, change the title to "Girls Goin' Wild" and end the song with a big F YOU JOE!!! HA!!!!!!

Seji

Madonna who? And who cares? Girls Gone Wild is a trademark of this man, even though we don't like him. Madonna, the self-centered bitch that she is, thinks she can get away with anything. It's time she learns that she can't. And I will NOT be watching the half-time show because I think Grandma Madonna should have retired a long time ago.

MJFan4Life

Can't stand this guy. Just change the word. A number of things could be done. "Girls Goin' Wild" could be one. And end the sung with a F You Joe! HA!!!!!!!

Roberta

Joe Francis, you're a d-bag! No one wants to copy your disgusting antics...Madonna has way more class than you and that's a stretch!

Kaffee

Don't like him but kinda hope Joe wins this one.

Snowman with a Turnip Nose

I wonder which one of them had more botox injections? They both look like cyborgs.

kelly

Joe Francis thinks he can F*&ck with Madonna, CBS and the Super bowl. I think not. Madonna has Malawian Babies for breakfast you ass clown. Not a big fan of Madonna, but she will eat him alive. I bet Madonna has never even heard of him or his vids. The ass hat is in for it.

Dazedface

Love this. I don't agree with Joe Francis usually, but I disagree with Madonna more. I hope Joe wins the case.

Dennybop

Joe is kind of scuzzy, but that is no reason to think he shouldn't protect his trademark and his livlihood. Go for it Joe. Madonna and the NFL can afford to pay you for what you've worked on for years...no matter how scuzzy it is.

Kevin

I didn't realize getting a 14 year old girl to show her boobs and sign a legal do***ent certifying she is 18 was considered "consumer goodwill and brand recognition."

jetfanglo

GIRLS GONE WILD.GIRLS GONE WILD.GIRLS GONE WILD.GIRLS GONE WILD.GIRLS GONE WILD.......GIRLS GONE WILD......GIRLS GONE WILD............sue ME!!!

James

This case is without merit. You can't trademark a song. What an idiot. This guy is a D-bag!

leah

is this for real this pig for dirty money vs our kids minds wheres all the church popel and all the parents,, a dirty woman slut and song its obscene greed

thejadedentrepreneur

Joe Francis is a ****ing tardstick and this will never stick.