« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Super Bowl Halftime Show

M.I.A. Flashes Middle Finger

2/5/2012 5:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

MIA middle finger at the Super Bowl
It wasn't Janet Jackson's nipple, but M.I.A. flashed a body part of her own during the Super Bowl halftime show just now -- her middle finger!

It went down as she and Nicki Minaj joined Madonna on stage for their song, "Give Me All Your Luvin."

It's been eight years since JJ changed the face of television forever after revealing her breast at the end of her SB performance with Justin Timberlake. The Patriots were playing on that day as well and came away victorious.

So we ask ...

*Thanks to TMZ readers Aaron and Jamie for the quick screen grab.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

tellmeaboutit

Saw the halftime show, loved it and Madonna, and Minaj did fine too. I didn't even notice that other low rent, classless, skank so I missed her little cry for attention. If only MIA was actually MIA.

Kalakiller

MIA was the best part of the show. Middle finger? So what? Her swag was doin swell!!!!

Kiana

#5 Gutsy? Really.... that was low class, she gets a chance to be in front of her biggest audience EVER and that is what she comes up with. I had no idea who she was and now I know why, just another low life wasting her 2 minutes of fame acting like an ungrateful trashy high school student who doesn't even know why she is there. Madonna should be so disappointed.

TheMarshmallowMan

Really TMZ, you don't blur out Paris_Hiltons std pu_ssy or Lohans nipples but you blur out a middle finger???

Angie

Madonna did a great job- her show was well done. M.I.A. just showed she is a wannabe with no class.

Gloria

I guess she has to do something to make a name for herself why else does she consider herself MISSING IN ACTION.

Angie

Trashy. Totally unnecessary.

David

In 1964 comedian Jackie Mason caused a huge scandal when he allegedy gave Ed Sullivan the finger on Sullivan's show. Mason was blackballed from appearing and his career suffered major setbacks that took decades to recover. Almost 40 years later and a middle finger gesture is still controversial? We can practically say the "f" word on TV these days. Yes, it's bleeped but an 8 year old can tell what is being said.

Maria

What a waste of time ,money and energy,I just turn my channel while she was on it.We can see it was lip -syncing she insult our intelligence we know it was not her lips singing they was just moeving! what a cheap lie! this woman is almost 50 is time for her to stay in home and do something....her voice? who say she can sing? what a mess what a lie !

TheRealJerseyShore

I bet Madonna will think its a big deal!!!

Hopper

I have to agree with most of you, MIA showed no class! But most children has seen and heard worst. It would be great if performers such as Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears, Beyonce and others alike would consider the children when they are performing (lyrics included), at the beginning of their young careers its the children who are buying their music and parents are taking them to the concerts. Enough is enough!!!

Muppet

Way to promote world peace MIA!!

Worse than that is the fact that TMZ stated that the Patriots were victorious! I thought the Giants won? I don't know alot about football but I was pretty sure they won. :/

"The Patriots were playing on that day as well and came away victorious."

Dazedface

That was the only interesting thing that happened during the halftime show. I found it weird watching a robot do Madonna

Brent Jorgensen

He's a douche. Madonna's great night & he takes all the headlines because he has to be a "rebel".

william

Oh thank you madona i really think them black panties with star in the front was SOOOOOOOO hOOOOOOOOOOOOt yummmmmm