Halle Berry

Wants Out of U.S.

Because of Death Threats

2/9/2012 12:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0118-halle-berry-ex-01
Halle Berry does not want to leave the U.S. for France with daughter Nahla because the food is so good over there ... she wants out of this country because she fears for her life and the life of her child.

TMZ broke the story ... Halle is asking a judge for permission to move to France with Nahla ... something Gabriel Aubry is trying to block.

We've learned there have been and are serious threats to Halle's life and she feels the move is a life or death situation.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... Robert Hoskins, a mentally unstable man, escaped from a mental institution last week.

We've learned he has made threats against Halle's life -- specifically to "slit her throat."

Hoskins is no stranger to the law -- he has threatened to slit Madonna's throat in the past and was actually shot by her bodyguard in 1995 after he trespassed onto Madge's property.

And as we first reported, another stalker who recently trespassed onto Halle's property multiple times has just been released from jail.

Friends of Halle tell us ... she is particularly concerned because Starmaps and some Hollywood bus tours literally take tourists to her doorstep.

And Halle's friends say ... the actress is very concerned that baby daddy Gabriel Aubry is parading Nahla in front of paparazzi almost daily and possibly putting her in harm's way.

Bottom line -- Halle's M.O. for wanting to move is rooted in security ... not revenge.

tgrfan42069

i call bs.she tried to get full custody of the kid.and the judge said no.so this is plan B.if she cant get full custody in the states.she will take the kid far far away to keep the dad from her.any moron can see what she is doing.kinda ironic that just a week after the judge said she cant have full custody all of a sudden she fears for her and the kids life.

Jillian

BOOOO!!! TO HALLE!!! Will stoop this low to get back at her ex!!! WHACK JOB!!!

badhatharry

This is BS. Halle is a manipulative liar and Gabriel is the victim. Just another case of someone using their celebrity to screw someone else over. Gabriel is getting the shaft. And why wouldn't he be upset everytime she pulls some of her crazy crap. People need to wake up. She's crazy.

kate

Oh...pul-ese...someone get this woman(Halle) a shrink.
The entire world is plotting against her. What next.

bboy

I'm just glad that the world gets to see what fathers have to deal with ALL the time!

Abby

I'm really disturbed by the rush to Judge Halle! Last time I checked, it was Gabriel who was ordered to take anger management classes not Halle! I bet if she was a white mother all of you on this post would be sympathizing with her! Goes to show that even with a Black president, Racism is alive and well in America. BTW b4 you start bashing me, I am caucasian and a mother! I don't see anything wrong in trying to protect your child and I sure haven't seen anything she's done to be classified as a nut job or wacko! I bet if the shoe were on the other foot you would go to heaven and back to protect your own! Might I add that since Gabriel is a model, He can up and move to France with her and He does speak French because he is French Canadian! No one is stopping him from moving right?

joey

WATTA BITCH, THE FATHER SHOULD BE IN NAHLAS LIFE. WTF

Kari

And she feels this stalker can't hop a plane to France?

ally

This is so sad. Halle must really have mental problems if she thinks people can't see this move for what it is. How cruel to try to separate a child from a father who clearly loves her. Perhaps both parents have issues...

mick

some one needs to dig up that video w/ halle and nate berkus. From COMMENTS ON TMZ:

"Halle and Nate Burkus were on Oprah together in May 2005 and on that show she mentioned that she thought he was cute and that she would have his kid and said THE BEST PART IS THAT YOUR GAY AND I COULD KEEP THE KID FOR MYSELF. Nate was like what are you talking about I would want to be in my kids life and I would be at your door asking you to pass the kid to me. Everyone laughed but this tells you what type of person she is."

"GABRIEL AUBREY- take this advice- get your legal team to dig up Halle on Oprah where she says she wanted her child all to her self, when she was talking to that gay guy about her future kids, you need to show everything leading up to prove how crazy she is. Your daughter does not need someone like Halle in her life, save her!"

mick

some one needs to dig up that video w/ halle and nate berkus from 2005. From COMMENTS ON TMZ:

MICK

Grace

Just read a blind items today that read WHICH ACTRESS IS USING STALKING & THREATS AGAINST HER TO STAY RELEVENT CAUSE SHE IS NOT WORKING RIGHT NOW....HUH?????

YdoIreadthisstuff

I don't believe her one bit. She is just trying to hurt Gabriel which in reality will hurt her daughter more!
Grow up! Hey Halle, use your money to hire bodyguards, adopt a huge dog and buy a gun for protection. Teach your daughter all about the gun and how to be responsible with it. Good luck!

Tjay

Of course I hope that Halle and her family stay safe but Come on!!! Halle just cut it out. One thing after another after another to attempt to stop Nahla's dad from having a relationship with his daughter, You should be ashamed of yourself in all honesty even if you have concerns that are warranted which you have not been able to prove obviously, this wouldn't be the way to handle it. Karma is serious, and it looks to me you have a good whooping of it coming your way. It's a damn shame.