Mega-Director Bobby Farrelly

Son Dies from Apparent

Drug Overdose

2/10/2012 9:33 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0210_farelly_ex
Jesse Farrelly -- son of "Something About Mary" director Bobby Farrelly -- died this week of an apparent drug overdose in Orange County, CA ... TMZ has learned.

According to law enforcement ... emergency personnel responded to an apartment in Costa Mesa, CA late Wednesday night after getting a call about an "unresponsive young male ... possible overdose."

We're told 20-year-old Jesse was transported to a nearby hospital ... where he was pronounced dead a short time later. The coroner has completed the autopsy and has ruled out foul play.

Jesse's father and uncle make up the Farrelly Brothers comedy team ... and he had appeared in a couple of their movies ... including "Something About Mary" and "Hall Pass."

The Farrelly family has released a statement saying, "It is with profound sorrow that we accept the passing of our beloved Jesse following his struggle with addiction. We fully trust that he is now in the hands of our Lord."

The statement continues, "We are immeasurably grateful for the abundance of happiness and laughter he brought into our lives, and we will rejoice eternally for all the moments we got to breathe in his wondrous spirit. The family thanks you for your well wishes and kindly asks that you respect our privacy during this difficult time."

Cheryl A.

W H Y ??

This is terrible.

Vanessa

Damn that's sad........white and rich yet lonely and depressed and addicted to drugs wow...I'm shocked!

The moral of this story is money can not buy hapiness

soulofanangel

-----------------------------------------------------------
The WORLD isn't fair. GOOD THINGS happen to BAD PEOPLE and BAD THINGS happen to GOOD PEOPLE.
-----------------------------------------------------------
To the YOUNG SOULS struggling (for whatever reason) take one foot in front of the other. If you trip or fall, (no shame in that) get back up and take one foot in front of the other.
-----------------------------------------------------------
SUCCESS isn't in MONEY....SUCCESS is in SURVIVING LIFE.
-----------------------------------------------------------
FARRELLY Family, you will miss him until your last breath, but for now, keep breathing. Gentle Peace, JESSE.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Cathy

I am so genuinely sorry for the family. Losing a child must be the single most difficult thing in the world. Regardless of who you are, where you live, your financial status, whatever. I hope the family is able to eventually find some peace.

Majestik

R.I.P.

j

I am sad for the family and the loss. Rejoice knowing that they know The Lord. I pray that Jesse himself knows
J e sus as his savior. They will see him again if so.

Molly

I PRAY THE LORD WILL COMFORT THE FAMILY AND GIVE THEM GREAT PEACE & STRENGTH THROUGH THIS VERY DIFFICULT TIME.

Molly

It amazes me how many insensitive people there are in this world. Please do not post things that are hurtful his family is suffering so much right now. If his family is reading any of these comments, please know that there are many that understand what you are going through. Your beloved son was precious and gave you great joy, that is all that is important now. Be encouraged.

senebird

Some of these comments are disgusting how dare people criticize this wonderful, loving family. Fame + money do not = addition sh-- happens to the best of us. All my love and support goes out to the Farrelly family Jesse RIP you are with the Lord now I am sure of it.

D

Once again I'm reconfirming that there is a serious HEROIN epidemic in the USA that is destroying good families from all walks of life. So sad to hear about Jesse. We spend billions in foreign wars yet let me ask where are the poppies grown? The enemy is getting to us by spreading their evil growth. Try heroin once and you may die or become addicted for life. Time for our nation to wake up and fight the real war. Instead of killing humans let us set fire & burn the devil drug. Again, RIP Jesse and give your family hope and strength in their time of despair & sorrow.

Birmy

Heard Bobby Farrelly speak at RPI 7-8 years ago. Bobby was super down to earth and a truly genuinely nice person. Very sorry to learn about your loss. Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

joejava68

Hoag Memorial Hospital where John Wayne died

EEL

My family first met Jesse six years ago, when he befriended my son. Jesse had a great smile, and an easy way about him. He was very engaging and polite. We all liked him tremendously. My heart breaks for both Jesse and his family.

Verlene Crawford

I am so very sorry for your loss he was a handsome boy. I also lost my only child from a accidental drug overdose Sept 2008 , he was my life. All i can say is... TAKE 1 MINUTE AT A TIME....The sadness and pain never goes away, i miss Nates touch and his big beautiful smile...He was 34 years.God Bless You through these SAD and hard times...Verlene Crawford of Huntington Beach

luna

that sucks. His poor family.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments