El Debarge

My Jailed Bro Is NOT

a Dr. Murray Fan ... Yet

2/10/2012 8:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0210_debarge_video_exEl Debarge says his famous incarcerated brother has a serious beef with jailmate Conrad Murray ... but El is confident the two can eventually work things out ... if Conrad plays his cards right.

As TMZ first reported, James and Murray are both being housed in the Administrative Segregation of the L.A. County Men's Jail ... which is awkward since James was Michael Jackson's brother-in-law back when he was married to Janet Jackson in 1984.

El -- who was leaving Tru nightclub in Hollywood last night -- told us his brother is a very loving man ... but insists James was pissed at Murray over the circumstances regarding MJ's death.

El tells us, "I don't really think they've had a chance to do a one-on-one talk and get an understanding ... I think once they finally do that, it'll be OK."

Still, El warns Conrad that forgiveness won't come easy ... "My brother James, he ain't no joke. My momma didn't raise no punk."

Look for El at the Grammys on Sunday because apparently he still makes music and was actually nominated.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

HumanNature

JAMES DEBARGE

JUST IGNORE THE INCOMPETENT "QUACK"!!!!

YOU BOTH ARE IN JAIL FOR BREAKING THE LAW!!!

vanessa

wait what year am I in??? Did El Debarge just say he was nominated for not one but TWO Grammy's 0_o FOR WHAT!?!?

Melissa

Whatever, I doubt he ever met Michael Jackson beyond common courtesy of meeting his ex wife's brother. The way the Debarges are making it sound as if they were extremely close to Michael and are just devastated as if he were a member of their family. I seriously doubt their numbers were on Michaels speed dial. So don't come off as if they are just so traumatized, from my understanding joe and Katherine were so angry about the marriage they made them get an annulment. So I seriously doubt the families have kept in touch

HumanNature

EL DEBARGE

CONGRATS FOR BEING NOMINATED FOR 3 GRAMMY!!!

HumanNature

I THOUGHT HE SAID 3 NOMINATIONS!!!

Toilethead

What could he get nominated for? Worst record by a hasbeen?

stu

News flash El...any1 in jail is a BIG FAT JOKE! Ur mama raised a joke which makes her 1 too.

BarrysConspiracyWorld

"Rhythm of the Night" is a great song. Fun, danceable and has a wonderful spirit to it.

OrganicGrl

I am so happy7 he was nominated for a Grammys. His album was the best album in 2011. Still listens to it and love it.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

Michael Jackson has been dead for over two years and these drugged out has-beens are reaching back to 1984 to find a way to get back into the media again. Only 3 people cared about them then and nobody cares now.

Afriend

Okay listen all you haters. The DeBarges are a strong family. And El is right you do not want to have trouble with any of them because they are not a joke. And James was very close with all the Jacksons. He and Janet lived in there house. I usually do not comment but I am tired of my friends being run down by a bunch of self rightous people no one is perfect. We should be praying for the DeBarges not finding joy in there trials and tribulations.

CloBird

The first thing that came to my mind when seeing this story is that this is yet another person, not close to Michael Jackson or the Jackson family, using Michael to garner publicity for themselves. TMZ panders to this type of person.

CloBird

The DeBarges were not close with the Jackson family. And after the divorce, there was no longer much of a relationship between families.

Truth

NO DOUBT EL DEBARGE HAS BEEN NOIM. FOR 3 GRAMMYS... THERE ARE LESSER KNOWN CATEGORIES IN WHICH YOU CAN WIN GRAMMYS, GENIUSES!! HELL, THERE WAS THIS DUDE WHO DID POKA MUSIK OR SOME SH*T AND BECAUSE HE NEVER HAD ANY COMPETITION HE WON LIKE 20+ GRAMMYS THAT NO ONE HAS EVER HEARD OF.. WTF & SMH. DEBARGE IS NOM IN SOME CLASSICAL OR OLD SKOOL CATEGORIES. DONT WORRY, IF HE WINS IT WONT BE BROADCASTED ANYWAY... #TRUTH!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments