Jay Z & Kanye

Video Warning SAVED LIVES

... Says Epilepsy Org.

2/10/2012 2:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0210_jay_z_kanye_ex_2
It seems cray ... but a simple warning that Jay Z and Kanye West included at the top of their "N**gas in Paris" video may have been the difference between life and death for some of their seizure-prone fans ... this according to multiple epilepsy organizations.

The concern is obvious ... since the video is filled with strobe lights and quick edits. The warning at the top of the video reads, "This video has been identified by Epilepsy Action to potentially trigger seizures for people with photosensitive epilepsy. Viewer discretion is advised."

Now, the Citizens United for Research in Epilepsy tell TMZ ... "50,000 individuals lose their lives each year due to seizures and related causes. We applaud artists like Kanye West and Jay Z who recognize the potential dangers in their videos, movies and performances and are conscientious enough to warn patients and their families about the risks."

And CURE isn't alone in their praise ... a rep for the Epilepsy Therapy Project tells us the organization "appreciates the sensitivities that Kanye and Jay Z showed in appropriately warning individuals with photosensitive epilepsy that their video may cause seizures."

The rep adds, "Given the 4 million people who suffer from epilepsy in the US alone, we need to work together with the music industry on how best to destigmatize the condition and stop seizures and epilepsy once and for all so everyone can enjoy the music."

Hopper

Great to hear the positive about these guys for a change!

Mike

Use the term "cray" again instead of crazy one more time...I dare you. Ew...whoever wrote this and had no problem using the term without feeling like a complete loser needs intense psychological therapy.

Hey Girl Haaay

I love Jay Z!!!

Joao

maybe I'm slow, but if you know that the video can potentially trigger seizures for people with photosensitive epilepsy - THAN DON'T DO IT!!!! and the Epilepsy outfit is praising them for warning folks... this can't be the same planet that I was born on.

Sabine Mondestin

It's an amazing things to do it will be great if more and more artist do the same ...It will be great if the games industry start to do the same !!!

Regina

At LAST. something good that the rappers are doing. And I don't think that they even HAD to do it, which is even nicer.

HessToni

my classmate's mother makes $84 every hour on the internet. She has been fired for 10 months but last month her check was $8514 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read about it on this site View More

Enigma

White Pride World Wide -

Rise up - Be proud

mike

BALL SO HARD!!!!

olga

I love him very much! monoftong

melanie

just lost my 28 year old daughter to epilepsy , its no joke ,seizures can end a life so fast , im glad they warned people.........rip my beautiful wendy 2/2/83-8/9/11

jamie

It's not Cray...it's Kray. Look up the meaning before you be throwing terms around. Sheesh.

jack

Just listening to this rubbish makes me feel like I'm having a seizure.

Alberta Williams

I don't think I've ever seen two dummies celebrate Halloween all year long...Boo..nothing about evil is cool & it's ugly..HA,ha,ahha & JayZ & Kayane believe it makes them Stronger or fearless..FEAR GOD GET ON GOD'S TEAM who do they think made them & this world those goon creatures! Their T-shirts should read RICH STUPIDITY!

Nova

why do these people insist on being in our lives every which way? instead of looking like good guys and getting major exposure an benefit from these public announcements, J Z should not have whole hospital floor off limits to other patients...that was endangering lives...

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments