Madonna

M.I.A.'s Middle Finger Stunt

Was Stupid and Childish

2/10/2012 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0210_madonna_mia_audio_BN
Madonna
is lashing out at M.I.A.'s bird-flipping grab for attention during the Super Bowl Halftime show last weekend -- claiming the crude gesture was a "teenager ... irrelevant thing to do."

Madonna called in to "On Air with Ryan Seacrest" this morning -- saying, "I was really surprised. I didn’t know anything about it. I wasn’t happy about it."

Madonna told Ryan, "I understand it’s punk rock and everything, but to me there was such a feeling of love and good energy, and positivity, it seemed negative. It’s such a teenager ... irrelevant thing to do ... there was such a feeling of love and unity there. What was the point?"

Madge added, "It was just out of place."

update_bar
Madonna just called in to Carson Daly too, saying M.I.A. has since apologized to her over the incident.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Carl

I was much more horrified by Madonna's dancing.

SUPER-FREDDY

Stupid and Childish just like Madonnas music!

Ih8Taxes

Who the hell cares what this post menopausal hag has to say about anything?

Schuyler Chase

Yeah, because Madonna has never done anything for shock value before. She's just pissed because everyone was talking about M.I.A. and not her.

HessToni

my classmate's mother makes $84 every hour on the internet. She has been fired for 10 months but last month her check was $8514 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read about it on this site View More

Rome

luv Madonna!!

Stephanie

Madonna, YOURE IRRELEVANT.

InsaneYetSocial

Now that's what I call the pot telling the kettle to get off it's lawn.

Jim in Cali

Agree with Madonna but you were the dope that allowed MIA in your performance. Maybe you should do you homework on your "guest" performances.

Jay W.

M.I.A. should stuff her finger up her a$$.

Tammi67

I'm more concerned that she considers this MIA person, whoever she is, to be "punk rock". So Madonna is not only irrelevant, but senile too.

FlamingoNut

For once, she's right, she can go away now...

Missy

Coming from the Queen of inappropriate...nice.

Superman

Translation: It was out of place of the message that I was trying to give. Which is "Love me. Worship me. I'm a narcissist bitch and I don't care. Love me. Worship me. I'm a queen to you peasants."

Jean

agreed that it was a childish thing and out of place; but I wonder if Madonna is more angry that all the attention regarding the half-time show has shifted to M.I.A. instead of Madonna. Seems childish as well to call in to radio shows to tell everyone your opinion instead of just letting the matter drop.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments