Madonna

M.I.A.'s Middle Finger Stunt

Was Stupid and Childish

2/10/2012 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0210_madonna_mia_audio_BN
Madonna
is lashing out at M.I.A.'s bird-flipping grab for attention during the Super Bowl Halftime show last weekend -- claiming the crude gesture was a "teenager ... irrelevant thing to do."

Madonna called in to "On Air with Ryan Seacrest" this morning -- saying, "I was really surprised. I didn’t know anything about it. I wasn’t happy about it."

Madonna told Ryan, "I understand it’s punk rock and everything, but to me there was such a feeling of love and good energy, and positivity, it seemed negative. It’s such a teenager ... irrelevant thing to do ... there was such a feeling of love and unity there. What was the point?"

Madge added, "It was just out of place."

update_bar
Madonna just called in to Carson Daly too, saying M.I.A. has since apologized to her over the incident.

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

chrisdiaz

madonna is crazy.but i like her music soo hot!!http://LazyCash25.com

donnad2003

Madonna needs put her grown up lady pants on and stop parading around like she is 20 something.I do not wish to observe her old granny crotch no matter how much she is paid. She was the queen of risque in her day and I have no doubt she loves the attention her side kick is getting. What a joke! PURLEASE put your pants on!!!!

King of TMZ

The finger part was actually the best part of that whole "Biggest show in the world" performance lol so if anything you should thank MIA. & For God sakes, morally just Chistianophiles freaks aka Superbowl parents & hippies...GROW UP! lol

char

As for as flipping the finger is a teenage thing to do. I don't know any teenagers who give people the finger. MIA is in her 30's that's well beyond acting like a teenager. Flipping your finger is not considered hip or cool by teenagers. MIA was invited to perform in front of 100 million viewers and this is how she appreciated that by flipping off her audience. There is a difference in going to a Madonna concert or seeing her on a award show you can expect that kind of behavior from her as well as other artists but not at the Super Bowl when people tune in of all ages and don't expect to see that. Yes, it was just a finger but it's what the finger meant.

Marie

I don't understand why everyone is mad that rapper M.I.A. flipped the bird at the Superbowl halftime show. She is a badass and it does not surprise me at all that she did this. And Madonna is her fan no matter what she says.

Claire

M,s finger has been in the same place all her career..what is she talking about!!!

Bethany

Sure, Madonna. I'm sure you were surprised when M.I.A. gave the middle finger. It's not like it was part of your music video or anything.

Claire

Does M think we are all stupid?? She should shut up!!

Claire

She has been in our face with her crotch for too long..shut up M!!!

rose

Speaking of irrelevant,.....

brenda

mia is not stupid, but maddonna is. What a hypocrite... her dancing grossess me out now, not cuz she old, age is only a number, but because its innapropiate. Mia is great because she real what maddonna said is beyond fake.. she just wants attention , but mia isnt that kind.

Pam

I don't own any Madonna music, but you can't deny she has had an impact on the music scene for close to 30 years. If anyone is talking about M.I.A. in 30 months, I will be amazed. Pointless little bitch.

ICanNotBelieveher

A teenage thing to do?! Madonna flipped audiences off during her last tour about 5 million years ago. People took pictures of it. She wasn't a teenager then either. If you don't want teenage antics stop singing teenage songs at 53 years old. You immulated sex act during your concerts. You dispayed yourself in SEX book. You gave a water bottle a blow job in Truth, or Dare. OMG! Don't try to be Hanna Montanna now...it's too late for that you idiot. Why sing Like a Prayer? I can't STAND that song. World peace? Iran's going nuclear as we speak...madonna the jewish mystic crap. Isreal is about to bust it's seems starting WWIII...are we that desparate to watch granny gyrate around during the Super Bowl? I guess so. Oh, for goodness sake!

Amp

like madonna hasnt done anything "surprising" and childish for attention...

mook

From someone who would finger themselves on stage in front of thousands of people each night. Come on Madogga its not like you haven't finger a girl before.

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10