Madonna

M.I.A.'s Middle Finger Stunt

Was Stupid and Childish

2/10/2012 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0210_madonna_mia_audio_BN
Madonna
is lashing out at M.I.A.'s bird-flipping grab for attention during the Super Bowl Halftime show last weekend -- claiming the crude gesture was a "teenager ... irrelevant thing to do."

Madonna called in to "On Air with Ryan Seacrest" this morning -- saying, "I was really surprised. I didn’t know anything about it. I wasn’t happy about it."

Madonna told Ryan, "I understand it’s punk rock and everything, but to me there was such a feeling of love and good energy, and positivity, it seemed negative. It’s such a teenager ... irrelevant thing to do ... there was such a feeling of love and unity there. What was the point?"

Madge added, "It was just out of place."

update_bar
Madonna just called in to Carson Daly too, saying M.I.A. has since apologized to her over the incident.

Allison

I see Madonna is all growed up now, like shes never done anything like that when she was 30 years younger LOL

2idiots

I'm sorry but wasn't it Madonna that rolled around on a stage (years ago) simulating a "solo sex act" with a crucifix? Who is Madonna to judge?

3Storms

MIA isn't punk and is ghetto; learn the difference.

sheila

... and Madonna would know irrelevant and out of place ? The whole show was a personal vanity project to prove to herself that she was still relevant ... and she's not. Every being in that show sold out to corporate America.

Sunset Strip Dealer

Madonna please go away, nobody cares what you have to say. ****ty music equals ****ty opinions. She looks like an extra from Golden Girls.

Truth

STAY AWAY FROM GRANDONNA'S CONCERTS. THE BITCH IS CHARGING SOME $350 FRONT ROW TOP TICKETS TO VIEW HER LYP SYNCING AND GERIATRIC BONE STRUCTURE IN HD. O_o THIS SH*T WAS ABOUT TO DIE UNTIL THE HAS BEEN HAG HAD TO CALL EVERY HIGH RATED RADIO PROGRAM TO EXPRESS HER LAME VIEWS. WHO CARESSSS!!! AS ELTON WOULD SAY, "..STICK TO THE LIP SYNCING". #TRUTH!!

brad

I think Madonna's Super Bowl performance was pretty darned good. I was hoping she would do "Ray of Light" though. I think that song would have impressed just about everyone no matter how old they are. The keyboards and sound effects are just awesome on that song.

I think Madonna's new song "Gimme All Your Lovin" is pretty good. I bet it's going to be a top 5 hit at least. I don't care what anyone thinks, I think she looks good in the video for it. She's probably a health nut so she has aged pretty well. I bet she's in better physical shape than most girls in their 20s. She'll prove it this year during her world tour.

The drums and that "surf pop" Beach Boys type sound is good. It reminds me a bit of "the B52s" and Madonna's first album. I hope her new album has a couple songs like "Burning Up" on it. That's one of her best songs ... cool keyboards and drums.

lucy

Well said Madonna.

brad

I think Madonna's Super Bowl performance was pretty darned good. Who cares what M.I.A. did. I was hoping Madonna would do "Ray of Light" though. I think that song would have impressed just about everyone no matter how old they are. The keyboards and sound effects are just awesome on that song.

I think Madonna's new song "Gimme All Your Lovin" is pretty good. I bet it's going to be a top 5 hit at least. I don't care what anyone thinks, I think she looks good in the video for it. She's probably a health nut so she's aged pretty well. I bet she's in better physical shape than most girls in their 20s. She'll prove it this year during her world tour.

terry j vey

Heres hopeing the NFL takes legal action against MIA so this isn't a story year after year.They said she signed a legal agreement not to pull a stunt like this.

brad

Oops. I got a "404" error on the post when I posted it the first time. TMZ did it, not me.

It would be nice if one could edit and delete their posts on TMZ like on football message boards.

lou

She's the biggest whore ever and now she's bitching again.. dumb ugly b..

Marilyn

I would much prefer a singer during the 1/2 time who sings on a plain stage and connects with the soul of the large audience through music than that grotesque grandiose "show"
put on to make a statement for oneself.

Jack

M.I.A. flips the bird in the official music video, too. Madonna is hardly surprised....

Jackie

Huh!!!..I don't think that was more worse than the sex video or the so called Erotic video which got banned.