Bobby Brown

"Crying Fits" Over Whitney

But Trying to Perform Concert

2/11/2012 6:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Bobby Brown is distraught and in and out of crying fits
Bobby Brown is distraught and "in and out of crying fits" ... after getting the news that Whitney Houston is dead -- but his New Edition band mates are by his side trying to console him.

New Edition has a concert tonight in Mississippi -- and believe it or not sources close to the group tell TMZ ... not only will New Edition go on as scheduled, but as of now Bobby is also planning to perform.

We're told Bobby is going to try to get through the entire show.

Bobby and Whitney had an infamously tumultuous 15 year marriage.

update_bar
We're told Bobby started the show by addressing the crowd, pointing to the sky, and saying, "I love you."

latonya

bobby brown did not kill her she is a grown women who knew right from wrong and chose to do things that were not good for her!!!

STAFFORD

WHITNEY WAS NOT A CHILD HER AND BOBBY BEEN APART FOR OVER 4 YEARS SHE WAS NOT A KID. SHE MADE HER OWN CAREER AND SHE ENDED IT. YOU CAN NO BLAME BOBBY HE WAS NOT NEAR HER IN HER TIME OF DEATH. CISSY HOUSTON SHOULD GRANT THE PUBLIC FUNERAL SHE WAS LOVED BY MANY AND JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE DOES DRUGS DOES MEAN THEY WILL NOT GO OR BELONG IN HEAVEN. WE HAVE ONE MORE ANGEL AND HER NAME IS WHITNEY. WE CAN'T TAKE BACK THE PAST JUST BE REMINDED SHE SAVED SOMEONE ON THAT DAY. CISSY REPRESENT YOUR GODLY WAYS BY LETTING BOBBY SEE HIS DAUGHTER BECAUSE THE PUBLIC MADE WHITNEY AN ICON LET HER GIVE BACK BY LETTING HER FUNERAL BE PUBLIC MANY LOVED HER AND THIS HAS AFFECT US TO. I LOVE YOU CISSY BUT DON'T GO AGAINST GOD BECAUSE HE TURNED NO ONE AWAY, GIVE BOBBY HIS DAUGHTER THAT WHAT WHITNEY WOULD HONOR. SHE SUPPORTED BOBBY DURING HIS MOTHER AND FATHER LOSE NOBODY DENIED WHITNEY GIVE HER THAT, YOU CAN AT LEAST GIVE YOUR DAUGHTER THAT BEFORE HER FLESH LEAVES THIS EARTH. MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS THE FAMILY NO NEED TO BLAME, DAMAGE DONE, NO NEED TO TRY TO SAVE HER NOW SHE GONE, THE ONLY THING IS LEFT DO IT THEY WAY SHE WOULD HAVE WANTED NOT YOURS. LOVE ALL

MarkSFlorida

Being a recovered alcoholic and drug addict, I can tell you that the enablers in Whitney Houston's life can and should include Oprah Winfrey. After watching her extensive interview with Whitney in 2009, I was immediately compelled to shoot off an email to Oprah. (Not surprisingly, my email was ignored.) This was due to being appalled by the absolute naivete that she displayed by the enabling of Whitney's untreated addictions. The first ill-advised tone of the show was how much of the discussion was an indictment of Bobby Brown and the influence he had on Whitney's addiction. I know of NO recovered addicts that would point to the person who first made drugs available to them as having ANY responsibility for their own addiction. In fact, in recovery one of THE necessary steps to recovery clearly states that the addict must 'put out of their minds where others were wrong'. Recovery is strictly borne out of the responsibility we take for all aspects of our addictions. The overwhelming blame and consideration of Mr. Brown's role, was an absolute misdirection of focus - and only served to misplace much-needed attention - that on the actual problem - Whitney Houston herself.

Additionally, when Whitney acknowledged that she still drank, Oprah lacked the responsibility necessary to call Whitney on such outrageous behavior and only condoned it by simply noting that if it wasn't her drug of choice, it was somehow acceptable. It is not. Narcotics Anonymous makes clear the error that addicts make by not considering alcohol as a drug and the dangers that drinking presents the addict.

So in the end of the love-fest and applause directed at Whitney for her unhealthy relationship and perception of what drug recovery is - Oprah not only performed a disservice to Whitney, but even more profoundly performed a disservice to all the untreated addicts listening who were likely to embrace such an 'unhealthy' understanding of what recovery is.

Shame on Oprah for not knowing her limitations when addressing a life and death disease - and shame on her for being the highest profile enabler of all. She not only enabled Whitney's addiction with her ignorance, but enabled countless of viewers that were misled by that self-absorbed display of dysfunctional support for a still suffering and untreated addict.

The best way Oprah can best serve the millions of addicts still struggling as well as those who are in a position to enable them, is for her to acknowledge her own failures and shortcomings when it came to her addressing addiction in general. Lets at least use this opportunity to get smart about the reality of this disease.

Who knows Oprah - maybe one or two lives might be saved.

Patrice Perrin

This man is something else........

Bobby Girl

you ppl are so rude..I saw the HURT in Bobby's EYES while he was trying to sing "HOME AGAIN" My heart was broken for him and i truly believe that he still Loved Whitney..So Please don't give him a hard time.Whitney was an adult and they were divorced for years and she kept doing the DRUGS and he was clean..SO R.I.P. WHITNEY..and BOBBY STAY STRONG for you and ur DAUGHTER..I LOVE YOU BOBBY BROWN!!!..<3

boomer

1st how can blame bobby about her death how can you blame him over her drug use she was a great singer but were there with her all her life do you know what she doing before she met bobby you all pass judgement like you are God you all need to grow up and him performing everyone deals with pain in their own way you do he did we all do and bobby is not a loser if you knew about music bobby was one of the pioneers of new jack he was a star before half you were born so leave bobby alone you half wits

taloolah

You can't blame Bobby for her decisions, and we all know Bobby Brown wasn't even the one who started her on drugs. Get a clue. We are all responsible for our own actions. If these performers were not pushed to do so much in such a short time for so many others, they wouldn't even start drugs to stay awake and alert to perform.

bskelton

He is reason Whitney is dead! His day will come and hopefully soon! What an ASS!!!

bluedolphingirl01

So glad bobbi Brown had to leave the funeral His daughter wants nothing to do with him she did not want him there and he found out he could not just waltz in and be in control. He had control of her life for years and got her hooked on drugs and alchol and spousal abuse. What kind of standard was he for his daughter?Let whitney rest in peace now without him in her life.

Tony the Giant

I see why Bobby left. Security was just waiting for him to get out of line, or disorderly. So they can put that night stick or slapjack upside his head, and lock his a-- up for assault and resisting arrest. Wouldn't that been funny? Whitney would've loved it. So he packed his shh-- and got the "f" out.I know Whitney on a strong tip. She hates him to this very day, for ruining her life, and causing her daughter to not have a mother.

liliana

Is that a lil coke i see in his ugly nose?? I am so mad at the man !! Whitney was a heavenly creature 2 good 4 this world, she should have never married him, oh well r.i.p sweet angel of God.

RIP Whitney

My mother and I miss you so dearly whitney. I'm so glad you are out of sufferance though, I cried because of your loss but also because I felt so sorry such sorrow for your daughter Bobbi, god bless her. I could never imagine losing my mother. RIP Whitney you didn't deserve do die like this.

melvin

Well all of the sentiments supporting Whitney are equal to my sentiments. No matter what anybody says, I say that he as husband was the head and is supposed to lead his mate in the right direction. So crying over spilt milk is no good especially when you kick the cup over. I just think about all of the music he could have encouraged her to make in those 15 years if his head was in the right place. But I really wonder why did everyone but Whitney see what a HUGE mistake it was for her to get involved with him. Some things in life I think I will never understand until I have passed over. No matter what Whitney will and always has been my GIRL like a sister to me and we share the same birth year and it has always felt like I had a special connection with her because of that one factor as well as my musical talents. So it has been very difficult for me as well as her passing 2 days before my b-day. Love Always.

maxyprince

why crying? after he lead the poor girl to death? was it not bobby brown that corrupted whistney houston and taught her drug? foolish man. i hate bobby for killing my girl whisteny.God will judge bobby.But i pray for whistney to rest in peace and kritina bobbi beware of your dad,he is such an *******.

maxyprince

Bye my love,my angel whitney,the musical idol and icon of our contemporary society.If the dead could see,please pay back Bobby Brown your ex -hubby for his action against you.Pay him back in his own coin and drag him to his six feet ( Death) in no distant time.Bobby i hate you.Maxwell