Dionne Warwick & Cissy Houston

Whitney Seemed Fine

Just Before Death

2/11/2012 6:41 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0211_dionne_warwick_whitney_houston_ex
Dionne Warwick
 and Cissy Houston spoke with Whitney Houston by phone just before she died and say Whitney seemed fine ... TMZ has learned.

Whitney's mother, Cissy Houston, spoke with her daughter 25-30 minutes before she died and nothing seemed unusual ... sources tell TMZ. We're told they talked about attending the Clive Davis pre-Grammy party.

Dionne Warwick, Whitney's cousin, called as well ... several hours before Whitney died ... to make sure they were sitting at the same table at Clive's party. And again ... there were no signs of trouble.

The people in touch with Dionne say she is inconsolable adding, "She is an absolute mess."

As for Cissy, we're told she is "hysterical."

Regina

I could not even imagine talking to a loved one and then find out a half hour or so later that they are dead. I would be hysterical too. Condolences out to the entire Houston family.
You are in our thoughts right now and Whitney will be missed. She is a legend.
I remember seeing Whitney on the cover of Seventeen magazine way back before she was famous for being a singer. She was so astonishingly beautiful.

Jennifer

I met her in high school before she was famous and she was nicest person. Her mother moved in across from my parents in NJ and I often saw her. Things started to go downhill once she met Bobby Brown. I am so sad for her mother , Cissy, who was one of the nicest most genuine person. She used to go get her mail in curlers and slippers --- keeping it real.

maryanne harper

my heart goes out to whitney's family and friends. It is such a great loss that they and all of us have had with losing her. she had such a powerful and inspirational voice. she will be missed.

denise shaban

i am so sad at her passing, she was 11 days older than i am. i have idolized her for a very long time, love all her songs. my heart goes out to her daughter and the rest of the family...LOVE YOU ALWAYS WHITNEY <3

Rossetta

Being old school I consider Cissy's voice to be incredible, beyond. Whitney was a very beautifully talented girl with perfect pitch that went from church to pop music..Then went sideways into drugs and bad choices and too much money..But at the end of the day, I think this will be a natural causes death..Another great real talent gone..R.I.P. Whitney and Etta too!!Rossie thorpe

TMZ KILLER!

TMZ KILLED WHITNEY, DAYS BEFORE HER DEATH, POSTING PICTURES OF HER WITH A SLIT ON HER WRIST GIVING PEOPLE THE HINT THAT SHE'S SUICIDAL, DESTROYING HER IMAGE, THEN POSTING A PICTURE OF HER LAST PERFORMANCE, THE SAME NIGHT TMZ ACKNOWLEDGED POSSIBLE SUICIDAL INTENTIONS, OF HER HAVING FUN WITH HER FRIENDS.

Rossetta

Letty

I grew up listening to whitneys music she will always be remembered

Sergio

put another ****img picture, she is the diva the best, oput a beautiful picture of her
mother ****ers

menfan

Rest in Peace Miss Houston.

Lori93420

Shocking, and very sad loss to the music and entertainment world! My heart and prayers go out to her family! Such a beautiful and talented lady, RIP Whitney. Gone too soon…I'm so sad.

Dr. Dre

This is really strange and just so wrong on all levels. My heart goes out to Cissy Houston and the entire Houston family! Bobbi-Kristina please keep your head up, we love you guys very much!!!

Cynthia Dawkins

I am deeply saddened by the passing of Whitney. Shes with God and the Angels now. For those people who cant help themselves, the poor soul has not even been gone a day and you are already running her in the ground. Give her some respect. Celebirty ir not she was human and she does have real people who care about her and who are hurting. Be human beings and let her and family have some peace.

bring back recent posts

...your heart gives u so many whistles...then it says..."I'm tired"...SIMPLE.. sorry for her daughter and immediate family and zillions of fans...SUCKS!

jana

Such a shame...all the tributes and accolades regarding her music are followed by the drug history. Will she be remembered more for just another? Hope not.