Whitney Houston -- Family Told

She Died from Rx

NOT Drowning

2/13/2012 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Whitney Houston did not die from drowning, but rather from what appears to be a combination of Xanax and other prescription drugs.
Whitney Houston's family was told by L.A. County Coroner officials ... the singer did not die from drowning, but rather from what appears to be a combination of Xanax and other prescription drugs mixed with alcohol ... this according to family sources.

We're told Coroner's officials informed the family there was not enough water in Whitney's lungs to lead to the conclusion that she drowned.

Our sources say the family was told Whitney may well have died before her head became submerged.

And family sources tell us ... it was actually Whitney's aunt, Mary Jones, who discovered Whitney's body in the bathtub. Mary had laid out Whitney's dress for the evening on the bed and then left for about a half hour. When Whitney didn't come out of the bathroom, Mary entered, pulled Whitney out of the tub and began administering CPR.

And we're told ... Whitney's mom has arranged to have the singer's body flown back to Atlanta, as early as tomorrow. The family was told the Coroner has no problem releasing the body because there is no evidence of foul play --  and unless cops put a hold on the body, it can be flown back East.

0211_rememebring_whitney

Robin Rastello

Seriously sad, I'm so sorry for the family. I pray that God gives them peace and comfort.

Patti

I was just watching TMZ and you guys really made me mad that we should ask Whitney how she felt about Madonna and they oh we can't that is tooo soon to be joking about it especially to her fans and family

tenesianeamiaharris

he killed whitney

DAWN

I AM JUST ABOUT SICK AND TIRED OF THE RICH AND ELITE WHO DIE FROM ABUSING PRESCRIPTION DRUGS AND DOCTOR SHOPPING AND J. Q. PUBLIC HAS TO PAY THE PRICE. I MYSELF SUFFER FROM CHRONIC PAIN AND YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE THE NEW RESTRICTIONS YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH TO GET MEDICATION THAT YOU LEGITAMATELY NEED. AND I AM FED UP WITH THESE TEEN, TWENTY, THIRTY SOMETINGS ROBBING DRUGS FROM MOM, DAD, GRANDPARENTS, TO USE THEMSELVES OR SELL ON THE STREET. YOU REALLY WANT TO STOP THIS!!!! LEGALIZE MARIJUANA. THESE PEOPLE THAT ARE DOCTOR SHOPPING AND STEALING AND BUYING PRESCRIPTION DRUGS ILLEGALLY ARE NOT LOOKING FOR PAIN RELIEF OR ANXIETY, THEY'RE LOOKING FOR A HIGH, A BUZZ, A GOOD FEELING.
I'VE NEVER HEARD OF A DEATH OCCURING FROM MARIJUANA USE OR ABUSE.

Matthew

Wow! Another "star" who has a drug addiction, I simply cannot believe it! LOL I am surprised it was a prescription drug and not crack that killed her, or Bobby Brown, for that matter. Goodbye Whitney, you WONT be missed!

Noseyroseyification

I am a fan of your show to the point that I DVR it if I can not be at home to watch. However, in the beginning of this week you guys did somthing so tasteless and classless that I am questioning the integrity of your show. You really need to stop making rude narrative comments about Whitney Houston's passing. I am all for comedy but the other day and I will not give you the satsifaction of repeating exactly what you said but you made a reference in your narrative to the effect of her "not being dead". That is disgusting and I hope that God forbid when any one of you pass away that you get the same level respect that she is getting from you. Regardless of what took place while she was alive the fact of the matter is that she has passed away and she was someone's daughter. Her mom is innocent in all of this and that is who you are hurting. So I am appealing to you as a human being please stop making rude comments about her. Stating the facts and joking about her "not being dead" is two different things. *******s!

a friend

The sad truth is, life is totally different in the LIME LIGHT. When one is thrust into it, at a very young age, this virtually ends what they have known as a "normal" life. Everyone wants a piece of them. And, in the beginning, they feel obligated to extend a piece of themselves to whomever requests it. Privacy is a thing of the past. Everywhere you go, someone wants something from you. Most folks who are in the lime light, are courteous, kind, and patient with all of this. But, at last, it gets to be a very heavy burden to bear. Therefore, many, especially those who do not have enough "accountability" partners, carefully watching out for you, fall into that vicious trap of taking something to help them get "up," then taking something else to help them come "down." And, because they are famous, and everyone bends over backwards to meet their every need, if drugs and/or alcohol happens to be their "need," they get it instantly! It flows like water. Especially at parties ... parties before award ceremonies are the worst. I do not know how any of them come out on the stage to perform, and/or present. Whitney came from a very decent family. She grew up in church, sang in the choir, was blessed with an outstanding voice, and truly loved the Lord. She got caught up in that tangled wicked web that this world weaves ... not just for celebrities, but for anyone who has "needs." I am hoping and praying that lessons will be learned by this. It's beginning to happen more and more now. More "prominent" "celebrity" types are going to drop dead this way, count on it. But, perhaps, someone out there has learned a mighty important lesson from this, and if so, then Whitney's death was not in vain. RIP sweet song bird. And, may God comfort Cissy, Bobbi Kristina, et al.

Yvette

How she passed is not important. She is no longer with her family,they are hurt and nine times out of ten, blaming themselves. Celebrity or not, her blood is red like the next person and she had problems, issues and drama like everyone else. Her only fault, she admitted to her problem. You never know the weight of someones burden until you walk in their shoes. Who are we to judge? Before judging others, everyone need to sweep their own door step.

Tracey

No one can blame Bobby Brown for Whitney Houston's demise. She was a grown woman who did what she wanted. She could have said no to the pipe,weed, drink, pills and whatever else if she wanted. She choose that lifestyle. She was a great talent and that is far as I will go as I did not know her as a person. I do know she was a grown woman who had free will like we all do to make the right/wrong choices. Although it is sad what she allowed herself to become I do hope she rests in peace

MJ

Ms Whitney Huston is one of my favorites. I love Whitney no matter wad she was going through in her life. I am grateful to have the pleasure to hearing her beautiful voice the lord has given he.
This thing with Bobby Brown should stop. That was her hubby she loves that man even through divorce . What should be the concern right now is how Whitney died all of a sudden. I know she s in a better place now. But m concerned being Whitney age what happen?

Diolt.com

Sweet memory of whiteny will always be with us. Missing you :(

The Dete

Once Junkie always a Junkie...Whether you are a tramp or a star it makes no difference... No-one no where can help you only yourself...If you can come to the conclusion of what you are and YOU aint happy then only you will change it.. Learn the strengths that can be found in your weaknesses and move yourself........

The Dete

Dabe Virgina Velez

You know, this was all made into such a big deal over nothing. It was too bad she could not seem to get her hands on "decent drugs" in order to get high and she had to resort to a toxic mixture of booze and benzos just trying to get high and her tolerance would not let her get high but her respiration and the life saving beat of her heart just happened to know anything about tolerance and it is like being put under for surgery and not having a doc there to monitor and adjust her sedation as it she needed to have someone administer life saving measures and too bad she had no help-

Just another example of the US and its' bizarre stance on its' populus and drug use! Just compare the USA to Holland or Sweden and you simply do not have these "Whitney" type of problems over there. A damn shame!

Andrew

What a dumbass.

Previous 15 Comments | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments