Mel Gibson

Invited to Whitney's Funeral ...

He Tried to Save Her

2/17/2012 11:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0217_wmel_whitney_ex

Mel Gibson
was invited to Whitney Houston's funeral ... and the family extended the invite because Mel tried to help the singer during a very dark period in her life ... TMZ has learned.

Sources tell us ... several years ago, when Whitney was about as bad off with drugs and alcohol as she ever was, Mel quietly intervened and spent a lot of time with her, trying to help her break the addiction cycle.

We're told Whitney's family is "extremely appreciative" and wanted Mel at tomorrow's funeral, but because of family plans he can't attend.

THE BEAVER

Lucille: 1 day ago

I read when Britney Spears was going through the worst of her troubles Mel did the same thing and spent a lot of time with Britney and being someone she could talk to. I didn't know he did the same thing for Whitney for a time. Well that's very nice to know and it shows that Mel has a heart.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While the Mel haters heart is black, love to hold on to hate,and be an azzhole towards Mel and others. Mel is nice, kind, helpful, and has a heart of GOLD.

TMZgossip

The Houston family invited beater-boi so someone who had things in common with Bobby Brown could keep an eye on him!

THE BEAVER

TMZgossip: 3 minutes ago

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why didn't you take that job, fool? While you are there, you can kiss Mel Gibson's ass!!!

TMZgossip

you're the beater-boi ass kisser beaver
and you have much more in common with him!!!

Jim

Mel has tried to help many people behind the scenes. He's not a bad guy, he has a very big heart that some people have taken advantage of and he still trys to help people.

THE BEAVER

80. TMZgossip: 18 hours ago

you're the beater-boi ass kisser beaver
and you have much more in common with him!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I rather kiss Mel's ass ANYTIME,rather than your Demonbrat jackass butt, dude. As for Mel and I having a lot in common. We both are nice, kind, helpful towards others. Fun loving with a good sense of humor. We have to have that to put with people like you!!

TMZgossip

you're both delusional, lying, anti-semites.
of course, beater-boi takes it further by throwing in woman beating, alcoholism & racism

Paul Rangel

In my opinion the reason Hollywood has been so unforgiving to Mel is because of the enormous power Jews have in media. Roman Polanski, Mark Zuckerburg, Sergey Brin, Larry Page all have enormous power in their fields, Mel insulted powerful people. I'm not anti Jewish just giving my opinion.

princess leia

2Idiots, re: reply #47...I'm not so sure if I understand why the year matters.

---

I wondered why somebody didn't do something. Then I realized, I am somebody. ~Author Unknown

princess leia

And one more:

God has not called us to see through each other, but to see each other through. ~Author Unknown

Ed Miller

Mel Gibson, trying to help somebody else? "Physician, heal thyself!"

michelle

Khader Adnan is near death

fuddyduddy

Special Shout Out to Miss Kelly81!! I hope that President's Day was extra special for you. I remembered your grandmother and her dance with Abe Lincoln story!! Gosh, was a dandy story that was, Miss Kelly. I hope you are well. Still trying to stay warm here in MO. Hey -- we got our twister safe yesterday, but I don't want to give it a test run on any tornadoes! LOL Big hug to you...

Tellthetruth59

@Kelly - this is terrible news. I hope you have someone nearby to help you out!

kelly

Hi Bunny and Tell Thank you for your concern.The Dr. thinks I have another fracture so I have to have another MRI to see what is going on. My niece helps me when I need it. She is really good to me. Also have step-children that will help me when I need them.

kelly81