Nick Cannon

Quitting Morning Radio Gig

After Blood Clots Found in Lungs

2/17/2012 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0216_nick_cannon_BN_01
Nick Cannon says he could die if he doesn't pump the brakes on his career ... and the first step is quitting his gig on a NY morning radio show.

Cannon tweeted this morning, "The Doctors found blood clots in my lungs and said if I don't slow down and stop working so hard then it's a wrap!" Doctors also discovered an enlarged ventricle in Nick's heart.

Due to the diagnosis, the 31-year-old announced he'll be leaving his job as host of the "Rolling with Nick Cannon" show on 92.3 in NYC.

Cannon  -- who will continue his gig with 'America's Got Talent' -- released a statement saying, "Under doctor's orders, I have been asked to cut back on some of my professional commitments to allow my body to get the rest it needs to keep up with the demands of my multitasking schedule."

He added, "Even Superman has to sleep."

It's not the first time Cannon has dealt with a medical scare -- he was hospitalized last month for kidney failure.

In addition to his "AGT" duties, Cannon said he will also continue his syndicated weekend radio show.

parlayer

I wont listen even if your not on. But go ahead and make me mad, "The show must go on"

Rhubino

I'm no doctor but this isn't sounding good for Nick.

Chris

I hope I can find a support group since Nick is leaving his show.

NobodySpecial

These are very bad signs for such a young man.

LAWRENCE

Not even sure whom this guy is but I assure you the reason he's leaving his radio show has nothing to do with blood clots. Sounds more like his ratings were bad and he jumped ship before he was forced to jump ship.

mebrat24

Even superman has to rest- really
it must be hell watching the nannies take care of the twins.
America got talent must have a horrible schedule superman needs his rest

AlwaysOnTimeB

Nick is going through a lot lately. Blood clots in the lungs is not a good thing. Take it easy Nick and look out for #1.

Moe Howard

I'm sure hypertension and an enlarged heart aren't far behind.

Moe Howard

Maybe when they work on those clots they can address that speech impediment.

Cheryl A.

He's only 31??? This poor guy has the health of an 80 year old. I feel terrible for him.

Jay W.

31 is a young age to be already falling apart.

Nevalan

What a club! I have been where he is, but I suffered from MULTIPLE pulmonary emboli. My lungs looked like swiss cheese on the x-ray. The clots normally form in your legs, but it was shortness of breath got my attention. My legs were clear. Thank GOD we are still here. People, PLEASE pay attention to what your body is saying.

Stella

Nick Cannon, the very best to you and your family!!May you rest yourself back to vibrant health!!

Criss

This doesn't look like it's gonna end well. Shame, too. He's way too young to have to be worrying about stuff like this!

Edvoodoo

Apparently sleeping with Mariah Carey is bad for your health! I only wish he'd chosen to quit Idol instead of the radio show, then I wouldn't have to keep hitting the MUTE on my TV.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments