« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kevin Costner

Whitney's Funeral Is Over ... Time to Go LINSANE!!!

2/19/2012 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The day after speaking at the funeral of Whitney Houston, Kevin Costner hit up Madison Square Garden this afternoon to check out Jeremy Lin and the New York Knicks.

In other Lin news, ESPN announced today that it "dismissed" the employee responsible for the offensive headline about Lin that appeared on their mobile site over the weekend.

The headline, which featured the phrase "chink in the armor," appeared for only 35 minutes in the middle of the night, the network said. ESPN also suspended an anchor who made a similar comment on air.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Alisha

Kevin Costner made a beautiful speech at Whitney's funeral yesterday. His stories of her were very touching and you can tell he genuinely loved Whitney as a friend. Whitney would be very proud Kevin Costner is and always will be a handsome class act.

CelebJustice

With Whitney laid to rest KMZ has nothing to post about. Guess you better call up the Kartrashians and get some more "reliable" source material to kiss their ass with.

dd

Yes life goes on.

sleepynb

I've never paid much attention to Kevin Costner until his eulogy yesterday. Maybe he should think about being a preacher...what wonderful stories and metaphors to express his friendship with WH. And the congregation was so warm and responsive to his stories.

Silvie

Kevin Costner is Hollywood Royalty and now the world knows why. His eloquent and touching eulogy for Whitney was a wonderful choice made by her family. We all know now how much he loved her and cherished her friendship. He has always been such a class act and lives his life with respect and dignity.

awards

Costner was the class act at the funeral...fitting tribute on real terms!

gem

Max Bretos who said that racist remark on Espn should be fired not just suspended for thirty days..... It's time to turn Espn off and watch Dan Patrick and the danettes..Espn is full of racists.....

TJ

Is that his daughter he is with?? What a nice looking young girl. How nice.

MJFan4Life

I have always been a Kevin Costner fan. I think the first movie I really remember of his growin' up was "A Perfect World". I wasn't really introduced to "The Bodyguard" until a little later on. I was actually 12 years old when "The Bodyguard" came out. But I remember hearing "I Will Always Love You" for the first time almost 20 years ago, like it was yesterday.

Great eulogy from Kevin Costner yesterday. As well as Tyler Perry and the others who spoke. Such a sad day. But we need to remember that most of us only lost a music icon, someone we knew only through music. Others lost a daughter, mother, and close friend.

The "Home Going" was very beautiful and I think it was tastefully done. I didn't cry until the end. When they started carrying the casket out and we heard "If.....I...." and "I will always love you" begin playing. I think it was a beautiful ending to a beautiful life gone too soon. I think I will probably always have a smile and tears when I hear that song from here on out.

Whatever you thought of Whitney Houston, it doesn't matter now. Her struggles are now over and she is at peace. You can say what you want. I will always remember Whitney Houston for her beautiful smile and the most amazing voice. My thoughts and prayers really go out to Cissy and Bobbi Kristina. I hope they are able to find peace. I know it will never heal. But, I hope it gets better in time...

Shauna

So one gets fired and one gets suspended by the same network. I'm guessing I'm missing something, but I don't know what it is.

stu

leather pants r soooo 90's! But his grandaughter looks fine.

Hamptonsdude

How did Costner go from Mega Mega star to box office poison?

Sonya in Tx

I swear I just fell in love with Kevin Costner.....

Bu

He is hot!

Susie-Q

I thought he attended Whitneys funeral with his wife? Isn't that his wife? He is a nice looking man. I never knew he held Whitney in such high regard all of these years. He is a wonderful man, and his speech yesterday was heart felt. She would have been proud as he was of her. Rest in peace Whitney. You were so loved. I hope you know how loved you were.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments