Michaele Salahi

Bodyguard Arrested at Airport

Over Gun Mix-up

2/19/2012 10:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0219_michaele_salahi2_tmz_EXA bodyguard traveling with Michaele Salahi and Neal Schon was arrested at LaGuardia Airport today for traveling with a gun in one of his bags ... TMZ has learned.

A rep for Salahi tells TMZ that Michaele, Neal and the bodyguard were detained by TSA and Port Authority Police after a gun was found in a bag that was labeled as belonging to Michaele.

We're told he bodyguard explained to police the bag was his and that it was mislabeled at check-in, but that he had a concealed weapon permit.

Little did the bodyguard know ... but the permit did not allow him to carry the gun at an airport. Port Authority Police tell TMZ he was then arrested for criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree.

Salahi and Schon are on their way to Nashville where Neal is recording his solo album and scheduled to attend a benefit with Journey.

Denver

What's really humorous is that the boyfriend is doing a solo album. If no one has bought a Journey recording since the 80's, how does he expect anyone but the slut to buy this one?

kathy

Why do we make these housewives stars... They are idiots without a script. Real talent is the actor and actresses. Stop giving theses people face time...

good as gold

I have a gun permit thats valid in almost every state. The TMZ staff got part of this story WRONG. You are ALLOWED to carry a gun at the airport with a valid permit EXCEPT past the airport screening area for departures/arrivals. That area is controlled by TSA and is considered federal property. If you want to check a gun in your luggage you must do the following; inform the TSA at the TSA Office, the gun must be unloaded, and the gun must be in a hard case. You think TMZ would consult a gun professional before publishing this story online. And finally, the gun probably ended up on a carry on bag instead of luggage to be checked in which makes sense if it was mis-labled.

Eve

This woman will do anything for attention.

w

the body gaurd lied, it was hers, he figured by saying oops, it's mine and playing dumb using the concealment excuse that he would just get a slap on the wrist as opposed to that skank who would do some jail time.

LYNDA

Michaele, if you read this ,call your cousin in Florida, Randy, he's sick

wvmama

Why does this person need a bodyguard? She needs one like I need one!

Thomas K.

You're kidding. The bodyguard didn't know his concealed weapon permit didn't allow him to take his gun through TSA? Bull. He forgot. Prosecute him just like they would your or I. Revoke his permit.

ubernoob

@

good as gold
you are full of it.. there is no almost or state wide "permit"

SheisHot

Word on the street is Michaele likes to be gaped and filmed.

Vicarious one

I think this is rather similar to the Paris Hilton, "But it was my girlfriends cocaine" defense.

Carl R.

I wonder why Neil Schon wasn't using his own jet for traveling, I have often seen his (Journey's) plane at laGuardia and Teterboro corporate centers. Probably why the bodyguard figured a weapon in his bag was not a concern. At least not yet (Big sis would love to) private aircraft are not subjected to the same intrusive search commercial passengers and crew are. Schon is “Journey” so the plane is at his disposal and he rolls first class anytime I’ve seen him come through.

Chuck in Sacramento

BS, just about anyone who travels with a concealed permit knows you can't go to New York. I bet the "mislabeled" bag also had her clown makeup and thongs in it too.

Vicarious one

Why in God's name would Neal Schon, (I assume a fairly rich celebrity) want anything to do with this no talent slug. Seriously folk's, I do not care how magnanamous a groin sucker she could possible be, and I was never really a Journey fan, but but you would assume he could do better then this.

Maileeann

Why does she have a body guard. She must think she is significant, which she isn't. I wouldn't know her if I ran into her and if i did recognize her i wouldn't care. She's just another grifter in my mind.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments