TMZ Live

Whitney's Funeral ...

Bobby Comes Out on Top

2/20/2012 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

022012_tmzlive

Bobby Brown's decision to hightail it out of Whitney Houston's "home going" -- even though he was invited -- was one of the best decisions he's ever made. It's hard to say ... but we think Bobby actually took ... the high road??!! We'll explain.

Pus, Lindsay Lohan thinks her "Saturday Night Live" hosting gig will kick-start a comeback -- wishful thinking? And does she have the dedication and sobriety to pull it off?

Also, ESPN's 30-day suspension of a sportscaster for making a controversial Jeremy Lin comment ... smells like a giant serving of sacrificial lamb. Did the network bow before really listening to what the guy said? We think so.

TMZLive-Download-Podcast-Graphic

(2:10) Major controversy over Bobby's presence at Whitney's funeral -- and this time ... he wasn't in the wrong.
(6:22) Kevin Costner's eulogy -- totally self-indulgent.
(8:00) The gravy dish found in Whitney's death tub -- would you eat out of it? Gary sure would.
(11:00) ESPN fires one employee and suspends another over the Jeremy Lin "chink in the armor" controversy -- but only one deserved punishment according to the people in the newsroom.
(18:05) Kobe Bryant promises Vanessa he'll never cheat again -- but she's already in a New York state of mind.
(26:05) Can "SNL" save Lindsay? Mike thinks it's totally possible, if...
(42:00) Clint Eastwood says there hasn't been a good U.S. Prez in awhile ... time for a TMZ history lesson ... and a theme song by Evan.

Sonya in Tx

I swear I fell in love with Kevin Costner this weekend.

Grace

Bobbie Brown tried to continue to bully and abuse the family even at Whitney's funeral. He was invited with 2 guests but brought 9! WTF? He is an abuser and no one is fooled (except Al Sharpton). I am also disappointed that Aretha stayed away. I have god children and love them.

Alphabeter

I'm no fan of Brown, but his other kids travelled 10 hours overnight by bus because they wanted to grieve Whitney too. It wasn't just Bobby being Bobby. He left rather than make a bigger scene because of all of his kids. First classy thing he's ever done. Good luck to BK.

lynn

What was so puzzling about Kevin Costner's speech? It was heartfelt and beautiful. Get over your own prejudice.

Dee

Costner gave one of the most heart-felt speeches I've ever heard. It was witty and from the heart. So WTH do you mean by "puzzling?" I want him to speak at mine!

peoplearesilly

Costner's puzzling speech? Don't even know what you mean about that. I thought it was quite well done and meaningful. What part of it didn't you get? Oh, I know. You're just trying to get people to comment. I forget, this is a ****ty tabloid site that gets paid for inciting nonsense.

R

I don't think there was anything amiss about Costner's speech. I thought it was really nice. I do think he and Whitney were very close for awhile and that's also why he spoke at her "homecoming".

Herman Bumfudle

on december 13 1992 my birthday whitney had a concert for family and a few close friends that was scheduled to take place in atlantic city where she was going to make a major announcement, and on my birth day whitney had a miscarriage with just a few more months to go.

AJFS

If Abe Lincoln really was a vampire hunter then it's him. Other wise it's Teddy Roosevelt zombie killer!

Deborah

Costner's speech was wonderful. What are you talking about TMZ?

Jody

Kevin Costner was a class act among a lot of very unclassy people.

I know she was grieving her daughter, but Cissy Houston was playing it up for the cameras with those two women who escorted her out, having them dressed the same and one on each arm. Also, when was the last time you saw a nurse in an actual nurses uniform, hat and all. She was making sure the cameras knew that woman was her nurse.

JUstin

OH please , can we stop this Bobby Brown nonsense . Newsflash - He's clean and Re-married . Yeah , like 6 years ago ..lol

CLINT

Costner gave a really nice speech at a time of such sorrow that made some laugh and some weep, but every word made sense. I'm glad I had the chance to watch the entire "home going", and also that KC was there to speak and fill in some of the things that others didn't know about Witney.

Redskin_Chick

"Kevin Costner's puzzling speech" - TMZ wth are you talking about? His speech was amazing. RIP Whitney <3

Sharon

Other outlets have reported on BobbiKristina's difficulties with drugs and avoiding family before the interment. You have shown admirable restraint.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments