'Seinfeld' Star

Survives Suicide Attempt

'I've Shot Myself in the Head'

2/22/2012 12:04 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0_10aps5wi_0_k91dhs70
Daniel von Bargen
-- who played Mr. Kruger in "Seinfeld" -- is clinging to life in an Ohio hospital after shooting himself in the head Monday morning in a failed suicide attempt ... and TMZ has the horrifying 911 tape in which he calls for help.

Daniel tells the 911 operator, "I've shot myself in the head ... and I need help."

The operator asks if it was an accident -- Daniel replies, "I was supposed to go to the hospital and I didn't want to." Daniel says he's diabetic, explaining, "They were supposed to amputate at least a few toes."

The operator asks where the gunshot wound is -- Daniel replies, "I shot in my temple."

Law enforcement officials confirm they were dispatched to von Bargen's Cincinnati apartment complex a short time later -- and when they arrived, you can hear them on the 911 tape ... yelling at Daniel to keep his hands where they could see them.

Von Bargen -- who also played Chief Grady in "Super Troopers" -- was transported to a nearby hospital where he is currently in critical condition.

During the call, Daniel goes into even more graphic detail about his condition. Listen at your own discretion.

0221_daniel_von_bargen_footer

jay

I believe the only comment that is even remotely relivent will have to come from the man himself. His past and scheduled ordeals are obvious. Wear his shoes before you leap folks...

Johndoe

"can you remember the number OFF THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD?" lol

Arvid Nergaard

Who wants to see an actor who is missing a few toes ?
An actor without a brain, however ..... is more common !

Margie Pelletier

Being an avid "Seinfeld" fan, I was so shocked to read about Daniel von Bargen [aka Mr. Kruger] I truly hope he survives, my prayers are with him & his 2 sisters. God Bless them all.

MikeT

This 911 dispatcher is retarded. Are all of these questions really expected to be answered by someone who just blasted himself in the head. Send the help and STFU

woodsmiss@gmail.com

The 911 Operator was pretty darn lame!

Amy

So sad.

Fspringer

How sad, I wonder about his saying he can't open his eyes, quite possably he has blinded himself, I dont know what is going on in his life to feel that a bullet in the head was the answer,we will be praying for him.

denisrenepl

You have to be kidding me! How the hell did TMZ gets this recordings??
I feel so sad for the guy! Diabetes complications and living in an apartment. He is probably having a hard time. I hope he gets better

Big Al

Bless his heart...I absolutely love him on Seinfeld, he deserves a better ending to his life than this!

J.E.B.

Daniel, God bless you and keep you safe and speed your recovery. The world is a better place with you in it! You're such a FINE actor, you've given me great laughs on "Seinfeld", and many tears in "The Postman". Get well, buddy!

Shelama

Shooting yourself in the temple is a good (or bad) way to put out both of your eyeballs without even hitting the brain. Sad.

lol

Talk about **** luck. He only had one bullet. LOL

Krysten

I haven't listened to the recording, but I am reading the comments and I do have a few things to say. First and foremost, What are you thinking TMZ?!! First you post that helpless model"s 911 call after she nearly lost her head walking into an airplane and now this?! Why are you doing this? I don't think I am going to look at this site anymore or watch the show. I can get meaningless, hateful, sickening and hurtful gossip anywhere. I used to respect you guys for being real, but this is TOO MUCH. Have some respect! Number two, What the hell is wrong with all of you making fun of him?! Those of you that think this is funny CLEARLY have deeper psychological issues than this hopeless fellow did. There is nothing funny about a story like this at all. It is horrible. Shame one you seriously...What if that was your mom, dad, wife, daughter, son etc... Would it be so funny then? People just do not value human life anymore... Maybe we never did... It's a shame we live like this.

really

take this off you people are disgusting