'Biggest Loser' Castoff

Contestants on Strike

Are Sabotaging Their Lives

2/23/2012 3:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John Forger
The oldest person ever to compete on "Biggest Loser" has some wise words for the contestants currently on strike -- the weight loss show is NOT about the prize money ... it's about saving your life.

TMZ broke the story ... nearly all of the remaining contestants on the current season have walked off the show and are threatening to quit -- after learning that producers were considering bringing back previous contestants to compete for the $250,000 grand prize.

The contestants are striking because they feel it's unfair to bring back old contestants -- which would hurt their chances at winning the money.

But 66-year-old John Forger (above) -- who competed on Season 12 -- tells TMZ, "It's not about [money]. What it's really about, for most of us, is the change in our lifestyle, and being able to get rid of obesity."

John adds, "For most of us, it's about health. Would I walk off the show for the money? ABSOLUTELY NOT."

John was eliminated in the second week of Season 12 -- but he tells us, he has no regrets ... losing 97 pounds while he was on the show, and an additional 15 afterwards.

0824_weight_loss_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

My Big Salami

They should be on a FOOD STRIKE!

Potato

Smart man

casey

NONSENSE ! This is a TV show. This is a competition . I don't Blame them for walking off..........

Not a fair move in my opinion by the producers...

Googie

They should get rid of Conda.

Brooke

He lost 97 pounds in two weeks and 15 after? Either you got that backwards, or he had a massive tapeworm. >_<
Do these contestants not realize that by walking off, they have NO chance of winning the money?

Tracy

this is the worst season yet. I love this show and this season has not been that great. Who do these people think they are??/ It was hard to get them cast on the show. millions sent in videos and went to the auditions..and they chose the group they chose and now they are gonna go all diva on the show?? Your LUCKY to have been chosen. Selfish jerks. wtf is wrong with them? Be greatful u got chosen.

Ace

Other reality shows have brought back contestants that have been voted off: Big Brother, Survivor. Why do these contestants think they have a say in what happens? I'd tell them: don't let the door hit you in the ass.

alisemaria

Please, Let them go and bring back the cast offs that were there for the right reasons to finish out the season. This is one reality show where drama doesn't boost ratings. This walk off reeks of ringleaders Kim & Conda. Yeah, their families must be so proud.

krystal

REally I think they are acting like a bunch of idiots! I would love to have some of the best trainers help me loose weight for FREE!!! If I won money in the end it would be a bonus BUT I wouldn't strike or anything because there is a TWIST in the game! Its a game..always expect the unexpected

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

It's a reality/game show. Bringing back old contestants is a pretty generic twist. They're poor sports for walking off.....or maybe it's just drama for ratings.

Tinalouise

I bet this is all Conda's doing/idea..she is an evil person who "hates" everyone and everything and threatens violence. She should have been kicked off months ago...FIRE all of them. Who do they think they are that they can tell a tv show/production what to do?? Effin fire all the whiners and babies and get folks on there who want to lose weight not start trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HumanNature

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!

GET RID OF THE REMAINING CAST AND BRING BACK THOSE WHO WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT!!!

Saints fan

They should let them walk and replace them with contestants that were voted off. Those self entitled beotches should be grateful for the chance they have to be on the show out of the millions that applied.

shelly

for the contestants this year, it is all about the money...they are all about the money and the desire for health is secondary...the recruitment was about ratings this time...i stopped watching this season because there is too much drama

Rose5491

I have no way of knowing if this story is true, but if it is, I'm sure that the walkout is led by Conda and Kim. They are immature, whiney bullies of the worst sort. The story says that "almost all" the remaining contestants have walked off. I would guess that Emily, Cassandra and a couple of others.. who are the only "nice" people on this season, have not walked off. They should keep those who did not walk off, bring back ALL of the previous contestants from this season, and go from there. Fire the "strikers." I would love it !!! This is the worst batch of contestants in the show's history. There are a few exceptions, but for the most part they are awful. Conda is by FAR the worst.. . with Kim a close second.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments