'Biggest Loser' Castoff

Contestants on Strike

Are Sabotaging Their Lives

2/23/2012 3:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John Forger
The oldest person ever to compete on "Biggest Loser" has some wise words for the contestants currently on strike -- the weight loss show is NOT about the prize money ... it's about saving your life.

TMZ broke the story ... nearly all of the remaining contestants on the current season have walked off the show and are threatening to quit -- after learning that producers were considering bringing back previous contestants to compete for the $250,000 grand prize.

The contestants are striking because they feel it's unfair to bring back old contestants -- which would hurt their chances at winning the money.

But 66-year-old John Forger (above) -- who competed on Season 12 -- tells TMZ, "It's not about [money]. What it's really about, for most of us, is the change in our lifestyle, and being able to get rid of obesity."

John adds, "For most of us, it's about health. Would I walk off the show for the money? ABSOLUTELY NOT."

John was eliminated in the second week of Season 12 -- but he tells us, he has no regrets ... losing 97 pounds while he was on the show, and an additional 15 afterwards.

0824_weight_loss_footer

SMoKeeGyRL

I so agree with you John, this season has been about bullying and greed. If the present contestants quit because of the money then they are on the wrong show. Let them go to Price is Right or some other game show. This show for me has always been about getting your health back. This tells me people are gaining weight in hopes of getting on The Biggest Loser for the money. I hope that The Biggest Loser doesn't let the walk off contestants return and recognize these contestants are there for the wrong reasons instead of getting healthy. Adrian and Daphne in my opinion had the right idea and for Daphne to do what she did just to get voted off should be commended of wanting to lose the weight at home... In my mind and others she already has won! The contestants needed to listen to Adrian instead of telling him all the time to “listen” and not say anything when he first came on. He was giving himself kudos for losing the weight at home before he came on... No-one should have disrespected him for that... They should have praised him instead with a "Well Done Adrian, welcome aboard the ranch". Instead he got spiteful and bullying tactics by the red team. I was so embarrassed viewing the behavior of certain contestants in my own television. Daphne you keep doing what you are doing to be healthy, I am so proud of you. Bob as a trainer, you should have listen to Daphne and backed her on how she was feeling. She didn't start this nor did Adrian... they were offered by the show to come back. The Biggest Losers producers/writers should have apprised the contestants beforehand of two contestants returning to the ranch. I am so very disappointed in how this season went. Adrian and Daphne needs an apology from Dolvett, Bob, and the contestants for their behavior and especially from NBC for letting the red team humiliate and use bully methods on these two wonderful people.

SMoKeeGyRL

I so agree with you John, this season has been about bullying and greed. If the present contestants quit because of the money then they are on the wrong show. Let them go to Price is Right or some other game show. This show for me has always been about getting your health back. This tells me people are gaining weight in hopes of getting on The Biggest Loser for the money. I hope that The Biggest Loser doesn't let the walk off contestants to return and recognize these contestants are there for the wrong reasons instead of getting healthy. Adrian and Daphne in my opinion had the right idea and for Daphne to do what she did just to get voted off should be commended of wanting to lose the weight at home... In my mind and others she already has won! The contestants needed to listen to Adrian instead of telling him all the time to listen and not say anything when he first came on. He was giving himself kudos for losing the weight at home before he came on... No-one should have disrespected him for that... They should have praised him instead with a well done Adrian, welcome aboard the ranch. Instead he got spiteful and bullying tactics by the red team. I was so embarrassed viewing the behavior of certain contestants in my own television. Daphne you keep doing what you are doing to be healthy, I am so proud of you. Bob as a trainer, you should have listen to Daphne and backed her on how she was feeling. She didn't start this nor did Adrian... they were offered by the show to come back. The Biggest Losers producers/writers should have apprised the contestants beforehand of two contestants returning to the ranch. I am so very disappointed in how this season went. Adrian and Daphne needs an apology from Dolvett, Bob, and the contestants for their behavior and especially from NBC for letting the red team humiliate and use bully methods on these two wonderful people.

bellend

not surprising! they've gotten fat by being greedy and lazy, so this is quite fitting. at least they're planning on walking away, instead of riding a rascal away!

Phyllis

Get rid of all the diva's and get those who really want help with saving their lives! There are those who would give anything for this opportunity. This is the worst season ever and if it continues to be this way, I will not watch it anymore. I am sick of all the backstabbing, childish behavior. Grow up and see how serious this is!

Josh

This is not surprising at all... Mark and Conda are manipulative. Kim's whole career in the WWE was drama. Thats all WWE is, is a drama sitcom. Chism is incapable of doing anything on his own. This whole cast this season, makes me want to stop watching biggest loser. Its just One person railroaded off the show after another... I almost feel like its entirely scripted like "The Real World" or "Survivor", Very few of the people there are actually about helping themselves, and the ones who were there for it were the ones voted off first. Frankly I think that people voted off should be called back on. This season also before the thrown weigh in, had some of the worst weight-losses on a week to week basis I'd seen in any season. Everyone will jump down Daphnes throat for a bad choice, or Adrian for being energetic, or Roy for being old and "distracted" (when he lost more lbs consistently on Red than anyone). But week 2, Kim and Kimmy bet that red team as a team would lose 90+ lbs or whatever, basically throwing someone from their team home immediately.

The producers need to do something, this is their WORST SEASON EVER, and they're going to lose viewers over this. I finally convinced my brother whom weighs 395 lbs to consider going on biggest loser, and he got the video ready, and I'm like "yeah, watch this season you'll see what its like..." He's now opted, "Yeah, dude, if I wanted to be verbally abused all the time, I'd just work out from home". And decided against going on the show (I finally convinced him to hire a PT though).

How many other people are going to get that feeling? This season has turned something good, into a less-alcoholic version of "The Challenge, Battle of the Exes"

John Mohatt

Where's Arthur when we need him?

Brandi

I really don't think he lost 97 pounds in two weeks on the ranch.

Zee Chen

John assumes this cast is like most of us, which obviously they are not.
I would like them to just pull the plug on what has to be the most unpleasant worst biggest loser in it's history. I hate the entire cast that is left right now. I hope Daphne and her brother win the at home game and are able to be the future "face" of season 13. This cast is horrible. Conda is so bad and so mean and immature, I am shocked at how much influence this little 24 year old witch has on the entire cast. I can tell you they truly are living up to thire name this year, they found the biggest losers in life, not weight and they are awful. I officiaing Bob and Dolvett either. They are not helping at all or Allison. I don't like any of them. I feel like the show needs a dang adult to step in and fix it.

Pearl Randolph

I have watched the bigggest loser for many years. This is the worst season I have ever witness, down right discrimination against blacks. Who do these people think they are? There are thousand of people who would love to be on that show. Pointing your finger in someone face, Conda is really lucky. She should be thrown off the show and not given the chance to walk off.

Cindy

Good, let this bunch of "losers" walk off, bring back some of the past contestants that are deserving of a second chance. I may even want to watch the rest of this season if they get rid of the whiners that are on now.

dj61

If it's about saving their lives and losing weight then no one should be voted off and there should be no money prize! Could they do it or would they if there was no money carrot dangling in front of their faces?

Liz

He was kind of goofy when he was a contestant, but he's absolutely right. I think the producers pick people who are desperate for money to increase the so-called drama.

Karmagal

YOu have that totally assbackwards TMZ. He did NOT lose 90 plus lbs in TWO WEEKS.. Plus he was on for more then 2 weeks. Someone gets the big F on research...

Daniel

I wish the people who walked off had their chance at the money forfeited, and the people who stayed, and the cast who was kicked off this season were the only ones who had a chance at the money. Most of the cast this year are a bunch of immature babies, IMO

broncosgodess

The story clearly says the remaining contestants, you do realize the productions is MUCH further along than what you see on tv? They have already put in much more time than what you have seen so far. Most of the people on here say it's to 'save their lives' if that were truly the case, they would have just joined a gym at home, it's also about the 250 grand and possibility of lucrative endorsements after the show. I don't blame them one bit. If you had survived a contest this long and had a good shot at a quarter million, would you want people coming back to threaten your shot? No you would not.