Michael Jackson Estate

Judge Approves Move

To Sell Michael's House

2/23/2012 5:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1005-katherine-jackson-ex-01
The Michael Jackson Estate just got the ok from a judge to sell the Hayvenhurst mansion which Michael and the rest of the family called home for decades, and buy another home for Katherine and MJs kids.

But here's the thing.   We've learned the Estate doesn't want to sell Hayvenhurst -- at least for now, because it's being extensively renovated.  But the Estate now has the green light to proceed whenever it chooses.

And the judge made another order -- allowing the executors to put $30 million in the Jackson Family Trust for the benefit of Katherine, Michael's kids, and his charities.

update_bar

Katherine's lawyer, Perry Sanders, tells TMZ, "It is our understanding that the motion to sell Hayvenhurst was withdrawn and this is merely for permission to buy a different place for the beneficiaries to reside."  He adds, "Neither Mrs. Jackson nor Michael's children want Hayvenhurst to be sold and we are not aware of any intention on the part of the estate to resubmit a request to sell the family home."

janet

Michael Jackson did a very simple will. His family doesn't get a penny. Other than the house paid for, his mom and his kids. That's it. Michael Jacksons 'estate' couldn't afford $28,000.00 per MONTH. Katherine Jackson asked Michael Jacksons estate for more money per month. Why?

Gary

The family should be thanking the dr. for MJs death...he was broke and now his estate is very rich...much more than had he lived...he was washed up...and would never had made it through the concerts...

elpablo

It would be nice if the MJ estate judge would grant compensation to all the little boys that MJ molested.

AlwaysOnTimeB

I think one of the reasons she wanted to leave is to shake loose that leech of a ex daughter-in-law, who has made her children brother cousins. The woman refused to leave, even though she wasn't wanted there. People seem to forget how much MJ loved his mother. He wanted her to live like a rich woman. He made sure that she would be taken care of in the event of his death. So for people to call her money grubbing, I think is kind of wrong. Now Joe on the other hand, please do use that term, because it is more fitting.

themaestrosgirl

I love what the Estate is doing, good for them! I'm glad J Branca agreed to be the executor - I continue to think he was the best thing to happen to MJ in life, and now in death as well. However, what I really, really want to see happen, is that fabulous art collection go back to its rightful owners (PPB) and that awful Thome run out of town for (most likely) giving it away without Michael's knowledge...

Kimmy Ef

Oh well:

I never said I don't like you. I am just truly surprised to see that nearly THREE years later you are still so obsessed with someone you hate.

Jackie

This is kinda sad. I guess that house has too many memories for Mrs Jackson to handle. I thought she'd go back to it after the renovation because it would be the same house but updated and different so not as painful. She and her family have lived in that house since the 70's.

I can't imagine what it would be like to be 80 yrs old and one of your children died before you...uggghh

BTW I wish these guys who are running the estate now were in charge BEFORE Michael died instead of that scam artist creep Tohme Tohme among others. Michael was a lot like his mom...very shy and meek ..easily bullied into doing things...sad.

LadyD

Prayers and love for Michael's children and the Jackson family and their extended family members. Prayers and love for all who visit this board.

LadyD

@duilama
I wish MiMimoomoo's children to be molested by an ugly molester, uglier than MJ, with no nose, no teeth and no ears!
Oh my bad, she does not have any child.

Okay then, I wish MiMimoomoo's husband is a closet child molester! A gay one. Yeah, I see, that is why Mimimoomoo does not have any child, because she can never make her husband excited enough. I bet, her husband is an expert in faking headaches. That is why MiMiMooMoo turns to Donkeys!
____________________

WHAT?!! So you think that this is how YOU "HELP" the victims of molestation by wishing harm on them. You are a Delusional, Demented, Devious and yes, "SAD" human. BTW- these are not meant as compliments. FYI- molesters are in all races and both sexes. Your Ignorance is showing..Oh Wait..(eye roll & smirk & head shake)...this "IS" you being SMART.

IKnowthismuch

I know this much, if you had any sense and followed what the ESTATE wrote in their papers, and you would also know that Katherine changed her mind about selling the house. The ESTATE also loaned her $6 Million Dollars with a really low interest rate to pay it back in 1 year. This was to pay off her part of the debt to the Koreans. She promised to pay it back in 1 year and it's pretty obvious she doesn't have the means to do pay that loan off nor will Janet step up and pay it back since she is the only other Jackson that could pay it back. Besides, once the house is finshed being renovated, they'll be back there they aren't going to give her another 10 Million dollars to buy the house she is currently renting.

yvonne from uk

Must be so many great memories in that house, cannot understand why Katherine would not want to return there, i know i would.

shirley

I guess they need a bigger house so the family hangers on can suck off of Michael's money like they did before which is why Michael left those leeches nothing. His children are too young to see. At least Whitney's funeral had class and spirituality. I found Michael's to be self serving to the brothers he didn't want in his life and another venue for his brothers and sisters to be on camera, no wonder he kept the bloodsuckers away, most of his brothers were broke until he died and they saw it as another payday coming. How sad. Now they're around his kids like mosquitoes I guess when they're older they'll do the same to them as they did to Michael leech off them for the money Michael never left them, I guess they'll have to actually get jobs and pay the child support they never paid before, a job what a novel idea.

HumanNature

duilama:

WISHING MOLESTATION ON ANOTHER HUMAN BEING IS TRULY DESPICABLE!!!

WE ALL KNOW THAT YOU TRY TO HARBOR ILL FEELINGS FOR ANY PERSON WHO MOLEST CHILDREN BUT WISHING IT ON ANOTHER PUT YOU IN THE SAME CATEGORY OF THE PERPETRATOR OF CHILD MOLESTATION!!!!

NOW, THE REAL "TRUTH" IS OUT THAT YOU REALLY SUPPORT CHILD MOLESTATION!!!

YOU ARE CRAZY SICK!!!

IceGypsy

Good for her, move to a great new place with the kids, and get rid of all the free loaders that seem to think they have a right to live there.

HumanNature

CAN PEOPLE READ AND COMPREHEND THE STATEMENT ABOVE????

THE COURT IS CAREFULLY MONITORING MJ ESTATE!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments