Sacha Baron Cohen

RIPS The Academy,

You're Just Like an Evil Dictator!

2/24/2012 7:42 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0224_dictator_sacha_speaks_launch
Sacha Baron Cohen is comparing the Oscars to a power hungry tyrant ... pointing out how the Academy has stripped him of his right to free speech ... just like his dictator alter-ego would do. Oh, the hypocrisy!

SBC released a new video statement -- while in character as General Aladeen from his new movie "The Dictator" ... in which he says, "I am OUTRAGED at being banned from The Oscars by the  Academy Of Motion Pictures Arts and Zionists.”

He adds, "While I applaud the academy for taking away my right to free speech ... I warn you that if you do not lift your sanctions and give me my tickets back by 12 PM on Sunday, you will face unimaginable consequences!"

Cohen also takes a shot at Hilary Swank ... presumably because she attended a birthday party for an alleged war criminal.

In case you haven't heard -- the Academy reportedly BANNED Cohen from attending the awards because it got word that he would arrive dressed as General Aladeen ... and officials felt the stunt would take away from the prestige of the event.

UNLEVINED HARVEY

what a putz

sammi

This is just insane. What if someone from another country dressed like that because he was Royalty. This is just a excuse and discrimination. The Academy Awards forget they wouldn't be here if it wasn't for great actors like him, and others. Or for that matter the viewers. I won't watch if he's not allowed to appear the way he chooses. With whats going on in the economy a little hilariousness would be great. A smile as opposed to seeing how everyone is dressed.

fran

This man is a idiot, he is a no talent, and trying to use the academy to promote another stupid , silly immature movie.

TruthMuhSucka

so unfunny. i always give this guy another chance and he just sucks all over again.

Alice

The fifteen minutes this man should have never had in the first place are long since up-goodbye!

Rhubino

Oh darn. I was looking so forward to finding out "who" he was wearing and other important, prestigious stuff.

karlew

officials felt the stunt would take away from the prestige of the event.

Oh please, get over yourselves.

Alex fabro

guy is a waste

rich lather

I respect the hell out of this.

Toilethead

The uptight old farts who run that show should take a crap and lighten up.

UPYOURS

YAWN, boring news day. Kinda surprised, usually the KK trash day.

the real diva

he's a idiot. someone who thinks he is funny but he is not. i could not watch even one of his movies. seen 5 mins of one. had to turn it off. talk about annoying.he is not funny.wish he would go far away. so we never hear of him again

ScottyJ

Ali G was mediocre but this didn't even make me smile. Childish stupidity.

Steve

Who cares?! I don't care watching this stroking while there people still strugging with their lives.

bluzzone