Cissy Houston

Seeking 'Closure' by

Revisiting Whitney's Hotel Room

2/27/2012 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0224_cissy_houston_EX_01
Whitney Houston
's mother Cissy has unfinished business to attend to -- sources tell TMZ she's planning a pilgrimage BACK to the Beverly Hills hotel room where her daughter died ... all in an attempt to get some closure.

According to sources close to Cissy, she wants to go back to room 434 at the Beverly Hilton hotel and reestablish a spiritual connection with her daughter ... in order to come to terms with her sudden death.

We're told Cissy plans to pray while she's there -- and just spend quiet, contemplative time in the space.

As one source put it -- Cissy "won’t be at peace until she gets closure."

It's unclear when Cissy plans to return to the hotel room -- but we're told the visit will be soon ... she's currently planning out the logistics.

0213_remembering_whitney_houston_footer

Brite

OH DEAR CISSY,
I Hope You read this!
You will get closure from this very shocking to you event,
You need to except that this event was beyond your control!!!
Your daughter is now in a very good place, smiling, not in pain, and very happy!!
I suggest you make an appointment with Silva Brown.
Maybe even take Silva with you to the hotel room.

Silva Brown WILL HELP You heal.
Take Care Sweet Cissy :)

mary

Cissy Houston has been my aunt Virginia Hemingway friend for years - we loved Cissy and Whitney. However, I understand Cissy's wanted to visit the site of her daughter's death room. We do have psychic abilities with our love ones. I know my father is not happy with his premature death at the hands of his girlfriend - and in spite of everything I know everything is not as it seems. I just hope that Whitney spirit tells Cissy what really happened. You all might be surprised that there was not enough Xanax and Valium mix with Alcohol to make Whitney submerge into that bath tub. Maybe the room was setup to look like that! If those pills were not digested her stomach from the autopsy - they better start looking at the person that found her!

JDoors

Everyone may grieve in their own way, but I do not understand even slightly why one would want to visit the site of your daughter's self-inflicted death. "Here's where my daughter, drunk, popped prescription meds and died, without dignity, naked, in a hotel bathroom." Yeah, good luck finding "closure" in that.

ChinLee3

My bet is on Bobbi Kristina selling the photo.

savannah

Some of you people are just a**holes and childish...why disrespect the mother like that???how would you like it people called you mother ugly??? Whitney's mother tried her best to safe her and went as far as bringing the copss to her home so she would go to rehab..I'm sure the money is the last thing on their mind right now

Dr Hardwicke

Did she really go back seeking closure or did she really go back to get the flatscreen she had forgotten off the wall?

Savvy Beotch

More like seeking publicity so the can ensure DVD Sales of the funeral are high. SICK FAMILY!

Sonja

I thought they were uber Christian and fully involved in their church? If your core belief is that you go to God.. 'go home' what more closure do you need? It's not like a murder scene. Whatever it was happened with the 30 mins she was left alone, in a warm tub following a meal. I'd say coming to closure with that is alot easier than some parents will ever have.

LORORORORO

Hmmm baby, quien fuera tu lipstick para rozar tus labios cada día. OH MICHAEL, MICHAEL.... SUS LABIOS, HMMMM.

Butterfly

PERHAPS SOME OF THE POSTERS know the family, personally. I don't. My feeling is that Ms Cissy needs to visit the hotel room to feel the closeness of her daughter on the last day of her life. She has her precious memories of her child and the need to reflect and remember her birth, her school days, her growing up years and, finally, stardom. Ms. Cissy needs her time ALONE in that room. I do hope she will be granted, at least, THAT much!

Patio

Cissy was lookin' for the stash! Yeah, Baby!

CloBird

When it comes to life there is no such thing as closure. I speak from experience. Time allows one to get used to another being dead-- it doesn't make the loss easier to bear, it just makes a person accept the death. The only way closure is attained is to die-- that is the only way the loss ends.

Star Whacker

If she wants closure, she should pick up an issue of one of the magazines with the photo of Whitney in her casket where she looks peacefully dead. Then, she should move on and take care of her granddaughter. That's probably what Whitney would want from her mom rather than some over-spiritualized visit to the hotel room where she died. Now THAT'S closure.

John

Security better check her for a rubber duck.

patty

idk - cissy does not look good at all - she's around 80 years old, i'm afraid she won't be around for very long, thats one reason why i don't think cissy should be the one taking hare of bobbi, plus - the news is saying the told bobbi she needs rehab - then bobbi left and went to atlanta by her self, and is in whitney"s town home, so bobbi's not not going to listen to them - if they don't get professional help fast, i'm afraid it's going to be like ana nicole's son