Joe Francis

Totally FLIP-FLOPS

On Madonna Attack

2/29/2012 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

022812_joe_still 0229_joe_francis_tmz_november_EX
Joe Francis has had a major change of heart about Madonna ... because 4 months ago ... he PROMISED he wouldn't sue if she used the name "Girls Gone Wild" on her album ... and TMZ has the footage to prove it.

Back in November, we asked Francis about the then-rumor that Madge titled one of her songs, "Girls Gone Wild" ... and Francis happily replied, "I'm excited about that!"

We asked if he was cool with the situation, legally ... to which he explained, "I'm REALLY cool with that actually ... I'm not going to sue you Madonna ... I love you, I love Madonna."

Fast forward to last night ... when Joe once again made it clear he wasn't going to back down from his new demand that Madge PAY HIM for using the name ... because he owns the rights to everything GGW-related, including "Girl Gone Wild."

0229_joe_francis_launch2
He added, "We've spent almost a billion dollars building this brand ... and she's not going to get a free ride on my brand. But I love the song, I hope it does well ... and I look forward to being a profit participant."

awards

Isn't Madonna a little old and ugly for a Joe Francis production? She ruined the Super Bowl, eh?

GeniusMachine

Stay classy, Joe Francis.

LindaLee

F*CK Joe, POS, hope someone makes him there B*tch again real soon...

starshine79

yes, joe francis, madonna needs YOUR free publicity. this guy is a world class d-dag, always has been.

ummm?!

It's all about the money. As long he gets a free buck and doesn't have to work for it. The guy is a jerk.

jpalmettoguy

hat a LOSER. How does someone "own" words in the English language? What a douche.

northern gypsy

didn't he just lose his case against the other guy in vegas ???
his bank account has got to be pretty depleted right about now...
flip-flop indeed...it's all about the $$$...

Different Rules Apply

Joe Francis LOOOZZAAAH ~ take a hike - your sleazy 15 minutes are up.

Potato

How can people be such douche bags?

King of TMZ

This drama is serving both of them making this nobody a somebody and making the MDNA on KMZ yay :)

wow

Money hungry loser. He speaks out of both sides of his mouth. Nothing he says can be trusted.
There's a difference between Girl gone wild and Girls gone wild. Hope he doesn't get a penny.

manbearpig

i will not defend francis. however, i am glad he will make money off of madonna because she is an ultra-rich notorious cheapskate who thinks she is better than everyone else. for that alone, i hope joe gets millions from this crappy, old beach.
anyway, just because joe himself said it would be ok- just remember this:
a verbal agreement is worth the paper it is written on.

mike

Tomorrow I'll register the water (H2O) formula, so everyone must to pay me if you want drink my invent! and the next day i'll register to god, so if you prey for any reason, guest what! pay!.. I don't think right that regular expression are properties of someone.

Jay W.

Joe ... KING of the D..KHEADS !

lily

Haven't other performers had songs called "Girls Gone Wild"? Did they pay him? I never heard about it. Or are they not as rich as Madonna? What a loser he is.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments