Lindsay Lohan

Please Invite Me to the Oscars!

3/1/2012 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0301_lilo_launch
Lindsay Lohan says she regrets all the dumb crap that derailed her career and turned her life into a disaster ... but now Lindsay says she wants to be taken seriously again ... so she can finally score an invite to the Oscars.

Lohan sat down with Matt Lauer on the "Today" show to talk about her "comeback" ... both professionally and personally.

Lohan explained, "I regret the choices that I've made ... but I’m grateful for where I am today because of them, because ... I don’t need to see any more negative stuff, I don't need to put myself in those places anymore."

Lindsay also talked about her time at the morgue -- telling Matt it's been a positive learning experience that's helping her in the long run.

When asked where she'll be in 5 years, Lohan said, "Hopefully I'll have just come from the Oscars this past weekend."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Blood Red Witch

Seriously, what is with her and the Oscar crap? This is one of the many reasons no one takes her seriously.

OooooNooo!

I liked her better when she was high. . . . she talked a lot less back then.

Grandma Cracker

So, did they cut out the part where she lies about her sobriety to Matt?

She's going to need a comeback from her comeback LOL

SUN

Most of the jokes of Hollywood like the kardashians, are famous for no reason other than being famous... Lindsey can actually act, and has talent, but sadly has been thrown into this group... I hope she can get her life on track, and show her talent.

INSIDER H8TURD, V.P.

You're doing it wrong, TMZ...... Linds fairytale TOMORROW at 1:00am..... AFTER the untruth-O-thon on the Today sitcom.

jeebus

WHEEEEE!!! New playground to play in!

LLsez

Cause of all her troubles??

"I lost track of looking at myself in the mirror."

CC

Here's an example of a person who has had too many chances. At some point the hole they've dug for themselves is too deep and as far as I'm concerned they should never be allowed out as an example to others. Lindsay and her parents all fall into this category.

Black Becky

She should want to be clean for her health, not for the Oscars...that seemed pretty shallow to me.

awards

She looks like she is gaining major weight, new addictions? She talks like she is still in denial and a junky waiting to happen again, eh?

mannequin

She was never worthy of an Oscar before and she's only deteriorated since previous roles. There is no "comeback" to make, she was not missed.

How she sees herself is how she alone sees herself.

Joan K

Well she is shallow so it was just like her to say something this stupid. I wonder how long it is going to take her to screw up again, I give her less then a year.

jeebus

did anyone actually buy what she was trying to sell?

It's Nikki Bitches

HERE ARE LINDSAYS TWO INTERVIEWS COMPARE THEM AND YOU DIECED

In 2006 interview, hard-working Lohan was focused on career

On TODAY: Lohan in 2006, left, and this week.

By Kurt Schlosser
Lindsay Lohan is making news this week as she continues to make strides toward a comeback of sorts. She's done an exclusive interview with Matt Lauer on TODAY and this weekend she'll host "Saturday Night Live."

In his conversation with Lohan -- in which the actress discusses her lifestyle, her career, and the state of both -- Lauer alludes to "when they spoke last." That last time was May 8, 2006, and Lohan was at a very different place in her life as a 19-year-old star with two movies set for summer release.

This archival TODAY video offers a telling look back at Lohan, both physically and pyschologically. The red-headed child star was certainly growing up, but she appeared a long way off from the Marilyn-esque blonde bombshell who would go on to pose for Playboy magazine. And her focus on her career and craft is at the forefront of the conversation, long before legal and personal problems seemingly took over the spotlight for good.

Advertise | AdChoices
Lauer starts by asking Lohan about her role in "Just My Luck," in which the actress portrays "the luckiest girl in the world" who has everything going for her before things go terribly wrong.

Lohan says that it was nice playing a character who has both balances because everyone thinks a person in her position is always so lucky. "You have to go through ups and downs and highs and lows and I could bring that to the charcter."

Lohan was also promoting "Prairie Home Companion," in which she appeared with Oscar winner Meryl Streep. Lauer discusses Streep's praise at the time for Lohan's skills in front of the camera. Lohan appears humbled by the compliments and says, "I aspire to have a career like hers."

But as has been the case for several years now, the career, and talk of it, isn't the lasting focus of any Lohan discussion. Even six years ago, Lauer is compelled to ask about the "package of publicity" that comes with Lohan on any film set.

Lohan says she's forced to laugh off what the tabloids say about her and keep her focus on her family and the people she works closely with.

"Hopefully people will know me for my work and not car accidents."

Lindsay Lohan tells TODAY she's sober, will 'not let anyone down'
By TODAY.com
Updated Wednesday, 8:45 a.m. ET: In an exclusive interview set to air in full on TODAY Thursday morning, Lindsay Lohan tells Matt Lauer that she is "clean and sober" and she wants "to continue to move forward and in the right direction."

The actress, who will host "Saturday Night Live" this weekend, also told Lauer, "I still need to go through the process of proving myself."

Lohan, 25, is one court appearance away from putting her legal troubles from a 2007 drunken driving case behind her.

Advertise | AdChoices
Lauer asked her if, when they spoke last, the actress was in denial.

"Definitely," Lohan said. "And I think it was -- it's a scary thing to have to kind of express to people ... I wasn't as comfortable with myself then. I think it was a fear factor that I had about what was really going on. And, you know, I had to get that wakeup call."

Lohan also told Lauer that the temptation of night life and parties is something she's avoiding.

"That's not my thing anymore. I went out, actually, a few months ago with a friend. And I was so uncomfortable. Not because I felt tempted, just because it was just the same thing that it always was before. And it just wasn't fun for me. I've become more of a homebody. And I like that."

Lauer says he thought about Lohan when Whitney Houston passed away recently and asked the actress whether news of the singer's death registered on a personal level.

"Not really. That's kind of a scary, morbid thing to discuss," Lohan said. But she admits that one can "fall into that world" of substance abuse that robs talent. "I've experienced things like that ... and it's a really sad factor that can come into play in people's lives sometimes if you don't recognize it."

It may be her change in lifestyle, or at the least the perception that there has been a change, that will help the actress get back to work.

"Do you think people have gotten back, or can get back to the point where they trust you?" Lauer asked. "In other words, professional people? You know, if they say to you, 'Come host 'Saturday Night Live',' that's a big commitment. And do you think the producers and directors of movies and television projects are going to get back to the part where they can go, 'You know what? Yeah, we can count on Lindsay. We can bank on her?'"

"I think that that's gonna take -- I think that takes time," Lohan said. "And I think that it's actions. Because people can say things all they want, but I think I still need to go through the process of proving myself, you know, with 'SNL,' being on time, being, you know, keeping my -- can't say the word -- but stuff together."

Lohan offers details on reports that she's set to play Elizabeth Taylor in her next project.

"We're in the middle of casting and figuring -- we start production soon," Lohan said. "I've been doing tons of research. But I've always kind of researched her. She's always been a fascinating woman to me. So I'm really honored. And I will not let anyone down, especially myself."

Asked about that need to qualify her commitment, Lohan says she understands how it might be scary for people to invest in her.

"I don't want people to have that reason to be scared anymore. So being able to have this opportunity with 'SNL' and the film, I'm gonna do what I'm supposed to do, and enjoy doing it, and do it as best as I can."

NOTICE THE TWO ENDINGS.....SHE WILL NEVER CHANGE

Joan K

I see her number one fan is on disliking all of the comments, keeps him busy because everyone can see she is not going anywhere, now go ahed dislike this comment whoever you are.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments