Davy Jones

One of His Final Recordings

3/2/2012 3:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0_43g92mh0_0_h59kgb7q
In the months leading to his death, Davy Jones recorded what would become one of his final songs -- for a children's television show -- and TMZ has obtained a clip.

The song -- recorded several months ago for a children's TV show called "Shushybye" -- contains  lyrics about wishing on a star, and traveling to some kind of dreamland where dreams are made.

Davy sings, "Here's my wish, my wish for what I want my dreams to be / The star will bring me to the dreamery / Just for me, just for me."

The song was scheduled to debut in May when the show premieres.

My Big Salami

RIP DAVY...Marcia has taken this pretty hard. But this morning Alice will be making everyone her famous Pancakes to cheer Marcia up. Sam "the butcher" is bringing his famous Bacon.

Wash. Hts. Girl

Unmistakably Davy...beautiful...RIP Daydream Believer.

JJ

RIP...............

You'll be missed a great deal.

That's a lot MORE than we can say about 95% of the actors and musicians out here today.

Truth

HE SOUNDS LIKE A CHIC... IN FACT, A CHIC WOULD SOUND BETTER SINGING IT. DUDE LIVED A LONG LIFE AND ACCOMPLISHED MOST OF WHAT HE WANTED. HE WAS WHAT, 66...?? WHO KNOWS HOW LONG HE WOULD'VE LIVED ANYWAY. MAYBE ANOTHER 2-3 OR 5YRS AND STILL KICK THE BUCKET?? THAT'S NOT LONG AT ALL WHICH IS JUST A BLINK OF AN EYE. #TRUTH!!

Jamie

What a beautiful song. It made me cry. Oh Davey, we will all miss you so much.

billybob

He recorded his last song on a tape machine?

jeesy

You could have picked a better picture TMZ. Not a pleasant picture to see of someone who has died.

buck

Sex killed DJ, his wife was 36yrs younger. Any man at that age try it and see what happens.

RobinPickles

The lyrics are "Here's my wish, my wish for what I want my dreams to be / The star will bring'ya to the dreamery / Just for me, just for me."

yeah, and a nice photo would show a bit of class for a change...

She's baaaack

Somehow his passing is sadder on a plain old emotional level than those "stars" who will do anything on earth to keep "super" status and not fade away. I guess because he was worth something than just to a few "yes" folks and drug dealers. RIP Davy, right up until the end you had the voice of an angel.

silverchixx

OH, PLEASE TMZ....why not use a great pix of Davy...he's such a cute man, and you always seem to post pixs that aren't good! LOVELY SONG! RIP

Criss

I thought it was kinda nice. He didn't really sound all that much different than he did 40 years ago!

mjones

I wasn't born until 76 and I still thought he was "dreamy". His voice has a special place in my heart....UP in heaven will God ask.."WILL THE REAL DAVEY JONES PLEASE STAND UP" And Davey will reply as always....."but I'am standing up".. It was a great show.

Lynda

BAD BAD BAD Picture, TMZ! Come On, really? Beautiful song though! HE was a REAL stand up guy!!!! RIP Davy Jones, you deserve it! God BLess you!

Bob

Every picture you put up on Davy is horrible? Why do you guys do that? He was a decent, talented man who never had any scandals or negative press. RIP Mr. Jones.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments