Davy Jones

To Be Buried in Florida

3/2/2012 11:33 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0301_davy_jones_BN_01
Davy Jones will be buried in Florida, a rep for the Monkees legend said today, but no timetable for the funeral has been set.

Public memorials are being planned for New York and the UK as well, but no dates have been announced for those either.

As TMZ first reported, Jones died Wednesday in Florida as the result of a heart attack.

His rep released a statement today, saying, "Jones died after spending a happy family weekend with his wife, Jessica Pacheco, and her family riding horses."

The rep added, "There was no sign of illness or of anything being wrong. He died of a massive heart attack while back at the stables with his horses. The medical examiner has confirmed his cause of death."

0229_davy_jones_remembering_footer

James R. - Los Angeles

You were talented, honorable and respectable.

Be at peace, Mr. Jones.

Tim

Hey hey

Gretel

At least you put a half decent picture of him up this time TMZ. He was a cute young man and he was a nice looking older man. You worked hard to find the bad pictures you put up but your commenters had their say about him didn't they? It seems that Mr Jones was a class act. That is more than anyone can say for you and your spew Harvey.

Tanya

Why is it that the other two monkees Mickey and Peter were on tv to talk about their friend Davy Jones but not Mike Nesbitt (the monkee who wore the beanie cap). Where is he and have not heard from him. Is he dead too?

Chuck

I wonder if Florida will lower their flags to half mast, like they did in Jersey for the Drug Addict...............

ellayne

The other Monkee is Mike NESMITH. He is still alive but chose not to participate in Monkees reunion tours, for the most part.

SpokaneSmartA**

I didn't think I heard my mother correctly when she told me of his passing, then I saw her face.

Say It Isn't So

Poor fella. What a shame he had to go so soon.....still feel like he had work to do here, but I guess we dont have a choice when it's our time to go. I always loved the music from the Monkeys, and Dave. This is a sad loss, for sure. I hope your family and friends find loving comfort in the memories you made w/them and the times you shared w/them....and those memories will get them through the tough days ahead. Grief is a monster, as I know first hand.

boro silicate

i just want to console his wife. thats chicks an ice cream cone in a pair of shoes.

janet

David Jones cause of death was a heart attack happened within seconds. Dead.

Kiyami

Well He at least died happy Doing what he loved being around his horses

Kiyami

At Least he died Happy doing what he loved doing- being around his horses

Enough Already

Ever since hearing of his passing on Wednesday, I've been playing Monkees music continuously. I was just a grade schooler when the show came out, but the first time I saw Davy, I was the one with the stars in the eyes! LOL. Thank you Mr. Jones, for 45 years of fantasy and music fun. There isn't a person out there that knows the Monkees that doesn't sing along when their music comes on! RIP Davy! Peace and Love.........

Ijustcantstoplovingu

So sad was a great fan back in the day. It is interesting that TMZ reports one "mode" of death, but in the British media on BBC News yesterday they were reporting that Davey died in his sleep! how can they get it so wrong? Such a huge difference in the story.

Keith

I was really hoping he'd be buried at sea, so he could be sent to Davy Jones' locker.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments