'Hawaii Five-0' Star Alex O'Loughlin

Seeks Treatment

for Prescription Pill Problem

3/3/2012 5:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0303_Alex-O'Laughlin_getty
Alex O'Loughlin, star of the hit CBS show "Hawaii Five-0," is taking a break from production to get treatment for a problem with prescription pain medication.

The actor's rep released a statement saying, "Alex is taking a short break to receive supervised treatment for prescription pain medication due to a recent shoulder injury."

O'Loughlin has the support of producers, who said, "We respect and support Alex’s decision. Everyone at CBS TV Studios and 'Hawaii 5-0' wishes him well and we look forward to his return."

awards

Good for you Alex! Get out ahead of it! Be proactive and you will be OK!

yessir

You guys couldn't post a better picture of him.

Cricket

I wish Alex the best. I'm happy to see he had the sense to seek help early, unlike most celebs. Good for Alex seeking help, but when will THE DOCTORS face jail time. They have become legalized drug pushers, but the poor 19-year-old pothead caught selling weed to make gas money, he's behind bars for 25 yrs. WOW.

Ace

Stay out of the bathtub.

sharlene hooper

it's refreshing to see a celebrity face up to their problem and get the help. he looked so drawn on the show last week. he looked sick. i hope rehab works for him. he is such a great actor.

Joao

TRANSLATED: Something went down and the old "REHAB" move is the game plan to appease the other side.

jackstiger

I wish him the best. Even though his performances this season have been great, it was obvious something was going on from the amount of weight he appears to have lost in his face. As I say, I wish him the best.

5thbeatle

You know, it pisses me off with all these celebs having problems with pain pills because, I fractured a rib this morning and the E.R. doctor wouldn't give me any pain meds because "With all the celebs and Whitney Houston dying, I'm too scared to prescribe any pain meds now". Which totally sucks for me!!!

FrancesKeating

I wish him the best. I hope he gets well soon. Bless him for seeking help and recognize he was in trouble. Sending my good vibes to him and his family.

Nann

Good for you, Alex. I respect you for doing this.

She's baaaack

Not his fault but the real Hawaii Five-O was classic, classic, classic. In its time there wasn't another show that touched it. The one they have now is so bad it's not even a poor second to the original. They ruined it. Good luck to you Alex O. I caught you in a Criminal Minds episode and I barely recognized you, so you got some chops. I hope things go well for you.

R

So this just might deep six Hawaii Five-O.

Jessi

I’ve read the article on him several times, and in no way does it say he’s seeking treatment for an ADDICTION. So, why are people insisting that he’s a junkie, or an addict now? Just because the guy wants to make sure he’s healthy and does it the way it’s SUPPOSED to be done, he’s a junkie?

Wow.
The nerve of some people.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Good call. Awesome show by the way. Eat a couple cheeseburgers while your out.

bj brigham

he is so handsome and he seemed to have lost weight on the show last monday..his sparkle in his eyes were gone..i have followed him for a long time and was so happy he got this show.he did play a doctor in some show a couple a years ago and he was also great.lots of drugs on the island of hawaii. my friend died there from heroin...good luck

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments