Brandy

Too Emotional to Sing

Whitney Houston Songs

3/3/2012 7:28 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0303_brandy_video_tmz
Brandy took the stage in Los Angeles last night, and while some in the house were expecting her to perform a few Whitney Houston songs, decided against it  ... saying it would have made her "an emotional wreck."

Performing at The Factory in Los Angeles, Brandy made her first appearance since Houston's passing and dedicated the song "Right Here (Departed)" in her honor.

Brandy and Whitney starred together back in a 1997 TV remake of "Cinderella," and her brother Ray J dated Whitney on and off for several years.

Malin

Brandy losing Whitney Houston is only the beginning of her heartache. She murdered a loving mother and wife, admitted fault at the scene to numerous people, then got lawyers, retracted her story, and pretended it never happened. You have nothing but negative things coming to you, ugly bitch. Showing more emotion for your dear friend than for the innocent woman you slaughtered on the LA Freeway. You couldn't reach Whitney's high notes if you sat on your brother's AIDS-infected python.

Stratcat

Wonder if she was that "emotional" when she murdered that mom...doubt it. To me, Brandy will always be known as "Murderer".

Elle

The girl can't learn a lesson either. Still talks on cell phone while driving. I see her a lot in our area doing so. Pisses me off to no end!!!!!!

luckycat

UGLY,NO TALENT,A NEVER WAS.WHITNEY RAISED HELL ABOUT HER WOEFUL LACK OF SINGING ABILITY.R-J WAS JUST A DEALER WITH PERKS.
NORWOODS=HOOD TRASH.

God-Of-Lyf

Somebody call the whamulance. Those are tears of joy because the biggest waste of space has finally bit the big one. And We are sooo thankful!!!

Charlie

I love Brandy, some of you need to look at yourselves in the mirror. It takes a special kind of sad to put forth the effort to type out negative comments and and energy. Look at what you've accomplished with your life and realize how ugly jealousy truly is.

BrandyStar

All of these people leaving nasty, negative comments about Brandy really need to get their own lives in order. Nothing makes you spew such vile and hatred about a person you don't know and have never met except internal unhappiness and frustration with your own lives. Brandy's not done anything to you. She's a beautiful person and GREAT singer - get over it. Find out what you're good at and do it, then you won't have to worry about how you think Brandy looks.

SusanCoyote

A nobody who will do anything for attention. Why don't you go drive the 405 and text so you can kill another innocent person.

Fred

She doesn't know how to sing anyways, there is only one whitey and its definitely not brandy

LeRoy Carter

Whitney Houston Songs and Lyrics

Whitney Houston songs and lyrics—ah! They just keep on echoing in my head. How about you? Are you still singing the diva's songs and missing her? I bet a whole lot of people are doing exactly the same. "I will always love you" or "Give me one moment in time, when I'm dancing with destiny" or "All at once I finally looked around me and I'm realizing that you're not coming back"--these are just a few lines of the memorable lyrics vocalized by this great singer. Whoever would have thought back in the late 1960...'s that the little girl singing in the choir would grow up to be a world-renowned, heart-touching inspiration with her powerful voice? She didn't do too badly as an actress, either. What a great performance with Kevin Costner in "The Bodyguard" and another great acting performance in "Waiting to Exhale".
I was one of millions of listeners thrilled by Whitney's ability to hit the high notes, i.e. notes that would hurt the average person who tried to sing in her range. Aren't you glad that her music has been preserved? I certainly am. Yet, I just like many others, was saddened by her death. So soon! So final! Her tragic end lets us know that life is very short and that we must make the best of things while we can. I don't know what your tastes are; but I vote a "thumbs down" on drugs, barbiturates, booze, and the other trappings that have pulled so many great and talented people down. It must be very difficult at the top for anyone to struggle against the temptations and the allurements of life. So many great and talented people have fallen. Yes, Whitney is included in the number; but she left a great and wonderful legacy. That's what I will remember about her, and every time I hear Whitney Houston songs and lyrics, I will continue to smile and realize that we have been blessed to witness the growth and development of many talented people. We live in a nation that has open doors for talented people. It has been a pleasure to share this article with you.
LeRoy Carter: http://www.leroysmarketing.com