Kirk Cameron

Blasted by GLAAD

Over Gay Marriage Comments

3/3/2012 2:33 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0303_Kirk-Cameron_glaad_ex
Kirk Cameron's comments to Piers Morgan on gay marriage are not sitting well with the folks at GLAAD ... who think the former "Growing Pains" star "sounds even more dated than his 1980s TV character."

Cameron said during last night's show that he does not support gay marriage, and when it comes to homosexuality in general ... he said, "I think that it's ... unnatural. I think that it's detrimental, and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization."

Herndon Graddick, Senior Director of Programs at GLAAD, tells TMZ he feels Cameron, a Born Again Christian, is "out of step with a vast majority of Americans, particularly people of faith who believe that their gay and lesbian brothers and sisters should be loved and accepted based on their character and not condemned because of their sexual orientation."

A GLAAD spokesman says they plan on monitoring Cameron's media bookings and various acting gigs to ensure "the news and entertainment industry is aware of his outrageous anti-gay views."

Amanda s.

Getting mad at him for believing differently makes anyone bashing him a hypocrite.

jazzy

Please!!.. People are acting like it's the first time some bible beating redneck said this! Tired old song and dance. PEOPLE THIS RECORD HAS BEEN PLAYED! GET OVER IT!

Lizinnh

It amuses me that GLAAD finds Kirk Cameron's opinion to be "outrageous". Um, no, his opinions go right along with his religious beliefs. The Bible isn't "outdated". I have to respect him for standing up for what he believes in.

Matthew

Kirk Who?

Kate

He is entitled to say what he wants. That is freedom of speach. Most people don't speak out but agree with him. What is the problem with that. Condemn someone because they don't agree with you? That's what GLADD does- they are bullies.

Ronni

I agree with Kirk 100%! God bless him!

Ronni

God bless Kirk! God says stay strong in your faith even if you have to stand alone. You are not alone!

Anna

I think he has a right to say whatever he believes without being called names. He is as entitled to his beliefs as I am to mine, and because we live in America, and because our constituation says what it does, we can speak our minds without fear of retribution from our government. If you don't like what he said, then don't agree, don't see his movies, don't pay attention to what he says. If you agree, then support him. It's that simple, people. Namecalling is for children.

David

Kirk is absolutely correct. Americans are not for Gay Marriage, it's that our vote does not count as the Gays are now holding a position of power like the bench, and overriding our vote.

jai

Here is a thought, and this is from someone heterosexual, if you dont believe in gay marriage thats cool, then DONT GET MARRIED SOMEONE OF THE SAME SEX! We as a society always telling someone else what they dont need to be doing but dont want anyone telling us what we need to be doing. I am sick of government, sick of judgemental people telling others what is sick about them when us " heteros" are having pre marital sex by the numbers, sinning our asses off, spreading just as many nasty ass diseases...I AM DONE cause I DONT JUDGE. LIVE YOUR OWN LIVE CAUSE DAMN IF YOU GONNA TELL ME HOW TO LIVE MINE!!

RobC

Glaad's only comment should be: "who the hell is Kirk Cameron?" Seriously, has this guy been relevant since circa 1988?

anonymous

So he voices HIS OPINION and everyone attacks him? Everyone's entitled to their own opinion whether you like it or not.

Nattie

Look, I don't want to defend anyone, and I want to point out that my parents are gay, they raised to me to not judge someone's point of view. While I don't agree with Kirk Cameron's opinion, it's his opinion he shouldn't have to change his mind, just like I wouldn't want someone trying to change mine. Just saying.

emilee

I agree with him and completely support him.

yomom

To anyone that agrees with Kirk, it's ok to come out of the closet now. It's ok to admit that you like **** in your ass, too. It's 2012.

Previous 15 Comments | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments