Whitney Houston's Daughter

I Don't Want My Dad's Name

3/11/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0309_bobbi_kristina_brown_getty1_EX
Whitney Houston
's daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown can't stand her name ... because of its association with her father Bobby Brown -- and now, TMZ has learned, she wants to change it all together.

Bobbi Kristina is telling friends ... she's wanted to change her name for years -- ever since her parents split -- but Whitney wouldn't let her.

Now that Whitney's gone, we're told the 19-year-old feels untethered -- and wants to finally change her name completely ... making it simply "Kristina Houston."

We're told Bobbi has made the decision with a sober mind and is in a "better place" than she's been in a while.

It's unclear when she plans to make the change official.

0213_remembering_whitney_houston_footer

Tony the Giant

On a strong tip, Jealousy is the ugliest trait everywhere. Thats the main reason why Bobby Brown got kicked out of New Edition in 1989. Cause they got sick of him wanting to steal the show, all the time, and hating on Johnny Gill. And getting into altercations, and fist fights offstage. So they set his tail up with an arrest warrant for some other criminal related issues. Which gave them an absolute reason to kick him out the group. See what Jealousy will do to you? And the same thing is gonna happen to Chris Brown if he keeps on BS.
I don't like that name Brown anyway. It looks like they all are trouble-makers. They look for trouble.
That's another reason why I like to see Kristina change her name. Kristina Houston is much more significant. Way to go Krissi.

panchang810

It is your life Kristina Houston, and you can already decide for yourself now that you're already an adult. Do whatever you think and feel is good for you and which will make you feel comfortable and happy.

Kelly

What coincidence. Fugly just changed it's name to Kristina Houston also!

SHERRY

I'M A FREELANCE WRITER OF POEMS, AND STORIES. I AM A CHRISTIAN, AND I WROTE THIS POEM FOR KRISTINA.
FALLEN ANGEL
I DIDN'T FALL FOR YOU DEAR
GOD HAD TO BRING ME HERE !
MY TIME ON EARTH
BE FREE !
I WASN'T PERFECT THROUGHOUT MY LIFE
I PRAY TO GOD YOU'LL NOT
HAVE THAT STRIFE !
I AM A FALLEN ANGEL
SENT FROM EARTH
BUT, I THANK GOD AT YOUR BIRTH !!!!
I LOVE YOU ALL MAKE NO MISTAKE
GOD TOOK MY ILLNESS
NOW, I'M AWAKE !
ARTIST:SHERRY ALEXANDER-MAYS
POEMS FOR ALL OCCASIONS
BY:NORVELL
MARCH 10, 2012(copyrighted)
FOR:WHITNEY HUSTON'S FAMILY
WITH MUCH RESPECT !

denise

Its time to grow up young lady. By changing your name doesn't change the fact that Bobby Brown is still and forever will be you father. Have alittle respect for that fact. Too many people in your ear.

MANIA

she should fix up her teeth and nose first. No offense but she is really ugly like her father is. I am sure her mother left her some money so please girl do something with your looks. Her mother was s..o beautiful and so talented !, un unfortunately we can't say the same thing about this girl.Poor girl!

HOLLI

SHE SHOULD DO WHAT MAKES HER HAPPY.

DMP

What ever makes her happy

Trag

what a dumb bytch!

lalli

great idea! he was one reason for that amazingly talented woman's downfall and ruined her. what a shame it wasn't him. no one would miss him, that's for sure. good luck kristina!

carol

Ok, here we go, Don't get uppity, concentrate on college, go to Europe for awhile,your mind is full of everyone's suggestion. Keep your heritage, I like your father, I loved your mother, If you change your name ,it still won't change who your daddy is...be glad you know your daddy. It wasn't all Bobbie..deal with the truth now.

PEPPER

SHE'S STILL MOURNING HER MOM'S DEATH AND SO IS THE WHOLE WORLD. SHE SHOULD CHERISH HER NAME BECAUSE IT IS A TRUE GIFT FROM HER MOM. GIVE HER TIME SHE WILL HEAL. SHE CAN CHANGE HER NAME BUT SHE CANNOT CHANGE HER PARENTS

angie

i know that she is an adult but she would consider her father,i am sure that this will break his heart to know that she doesnt want to be associalted with him anymore,thats sad

Ozzie

She looks like bobby brown might as well keep the name just call yourself Christina people will catch on your father will always be your father

Kristen

Of course she wants to change her name, she wants to use the Houston name to become a singer/actor. Whitney had a wonderful voice and it is something very hard to follow. She will be continually compared to her mother, who before she ruined her voice smoking crack laced marijuana, had one of the better voices out there. It concerns me that she is trying to get ahead by using her mother's last name. Her mother was the drug addict, and was so before she married Bobby Brown. Although I don't like him, it is unfair of her to be hateful towards her father. Her mother is to blame for her addiction and probably for her death, and the media has made her out to be an angel. She was not. Bobbi, what little I watched of the reality show, she was not a very loving mother at that time, so quit putting her on a pedastal. Unfortunately, she was a drug addict who probably died at her own hands, and your father had nothing to do with that. She was irrelevant for the past 15 years, and I do not understand why the media and Oprah are making her out to be a hero. She is not one. She was drinking and using up to her death, and probably died of a drug/alcohol related overdose.