Whitney Houston's Daughter

I Don't Want My Dad's Name

3/11/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0309_bobbi_kristina_brown_getty1_EX
Whitney Houston
's daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown can't stand her name ... because of its association with her father Bobby Brown -- and now, TMZ has learned, she wants to change it all together.

Bobbi Kristina is telling friends ... she's wanted to change her name for years -- ever since her parents split -- but Whitney wouldn't let her.

Now that Whitney's gone, we're told the 19-year-old feels untethered -- and wants to finally change her name completely ... making it simply "Kristina Houston."

We're told Bobbi has made the decision with a sober mind and is in a "better place" than she's been in a while.

It's unclear when she plans to make the change official.

0213_remembering_whitney_houston_footer

Naithom

She's an adult and if she wants to change her name, that's cool. But I would wait about six months to make sure that it's not just the grief talking.

beau

Remember Tori Spelling??She was so ugly look like her ugly rich father..She kept having surgery till she almost go it right...

beau

RENEE GREENE

Don't care what she changes it to. Her name is Bobbi Kristina Brown, that's what her mother named her, that's what it is. She can "call herself" anything she wants to and she is forever branded Bobbi Kristina Brown. It should be a source of pride for her, especially since her mother left it to her. This is another one of those "teen things" when kids want to change their names until they grow up and realize there was nothing wrong with it. It's all emotional, not official. I did it. Barack Obama did it. He wanted to known as Barry Sotero, a nickname and his white stepfather's last name; then he grew up. Today, he's proud of that name and his inheritance. She'll grow up and by the time she's 30, her name will be Bobbi Kristina again.

Tyrion Frost

She wants the last name so she can gain fame off of it. It's obvious and sad.

lookItsMegRyan

You only go around once. If you don't like your name, change it.

Tracy

It's her prerogative! I can totally understand her wanting to be her mothers legacy. She is proud of her and they were inseparable. Kristina Houston is a beautiful name...

Angie

Good for her. If this makes her feel like she's getting a fresh start then it's her life. If her father loves her it won't matter what her name is - this is not the 1950's. Women don't need to take their husband's name either.

bill

unless she has put out an album or done some acting somewhere I don't care. Please report on artists who have done something anything not the spawn of two celebrities 'who cares'. She can take mom's money and have a nice life or ****ty life for all I care

Peeps42

Baby girl, Fix your Teeth!!!

BENJAMIN

I HAD SOME WHITNEY HOUSTON MEMORIES I REMEMBER ON THE CRUISE MY SISTER JAMIE SANG I WANNA DANCE WITH SOMEBODY

eener

@ Phreaky what a evil thing to say to this young lady.(ugh)!!!!!!!!!
I don't blame BK . I have a father just like her's they say I look like..and I changed my name...my haircolor and did various other things to my appreance..to distant my looks from his...believe me it can be done...She may look like Bobby..but she's an attractive version of Bobby like I am my father. Ignore the negative BK. iTS UR DECSION...this baby saw her father spit on her Mom and various other things I'm sure we will ever know...A child don't just want to distant and change her name from a parent for no reason.Praying 4 U BK in the loss of your mother...one of the greatest singers that ever walked the earth. That along should make you proud...(The one and only never another Whitney Houston)..carry on ur Mother legacy Kristina. God Be With U Sweetie!!!!!

eener

beau : 11 hours ago

Ihope the first thing Bobby K . does is close that gap in her teeth and a nose job.<<

eener

@ BEAU i coped and pasted ur commet and blasted u but it didn't show....so let me get straight 2 the piont...What a mean thing to say 2 a child...Lets see what ur ugly so and so look like.. Bobbie K u r a beautiful young woman !! ignore these negative commets sweetie!!!! ugh!!

towngirl

I know this is her decision.Is she making the decision because she wants to or to hurt her father cause she can..GOD knows the content of our hearts, what we think and what we feel.She can change her name, her looks, but one thing she cannot change is he is her daddy and always will be her daddy.Whitney named her for a reason, they both played a part in that marriage, both did a lot of hurtful things to each other, that cannot be change. One day from now, one month from now, one year from now she is still going to be Bobby Brown daughter and she can never change that.We don't choose our parents.But we do control our actions.